Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favorite Christmas movie?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The Snowman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

I always love watching Bridget Jones's Diary at Christmas :D One of the final scenes is so christmassy, the snow through the streets of London, ahh I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

123 LC wrote: »
    I always love watching Bridget Jones's Diary at Christmas :D One of the final scenes is so christmassy, the snow through the streets of London, ahh I love it!

I love that scene. I would go running through the snow in my underwear after Colin Firth too. :D

Thanks for posting that. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love that scene. I would go running through the snow in my underwear after Colin Firth too. :D
    Jaysus, sure who wouldn't?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sausagefingers

Elf is the best Christmas movie of all time; actually its in my top five favourite movies ever. Classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Elf is the best Christmas movie of all time; actually its in my top five favourite movies ever. Classic

Great Christmas movie! :)

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for aaaaalll to hear!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJudy

Love Actually is really Christmassy!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJudy

Forgot about Elf, its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Love actually (so uplifting in parts and sad in others)

Ok I have a few....

Santa Claus the movie (so 80's and I love the song 'it's Christmas all over the world tonight' from it.

Bad Santa for some laughs!!

Father Christmas...another blooming Christmas :)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shazbaz 100

Has to be polar express and the old version of charlie and the chocolate factory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Just watched Elf :) feeling very Christmassey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Elf for me too followed closely by Babys Day Out :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

The Grinch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Bad Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Don't see it mentioned so not sure if its over looked or people don't rate it as highly as me but The Family Man with Nicholas Cage and Teá Leoni is a great Xmas movie. Found a copy going cheap in HMV a few weeks back so that's definitely on the agenda this Xmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Does anybody remember "The Small one"? Old Disney animated short film about a donkey? Lovely little Christmas film, only remembered it there - would definitely put it on the Christmas agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

Voting with two hands for Love Actually, I watch it every year, I'll never get tired of it!!! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

razorblunt wrote: »
    Don't see it mentioned so not sure if its over looked or people don't rate it as highly as me but The Family Man with Nicholas Cage and Teá Leoni is a great Xmas movie. Found a copy going cheap in HMV a few weeks back so that's definitely on the agenda this Xmas!

Have it on DVD, this and Trapped in Paradise, two hidden Nicholas Cage Christmas gems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I love Christmas with the Kranks! Hickory honey ham!! Lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cherrycola wrote: »

Free frosty!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Too.... hard... to..... *twitch* .... pick.....

*self-combusts*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

The Grinch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is starting now on Sky1!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Alicat wrote: »
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is starting now on Sky1!

:( Not only do I not have Sky1 but I'm still working so no TV for me...time to log off boards.ie too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Definitely Elf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I love The Holiday one of my favourites and is a great christmas movie .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Die Hard!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong. Here comes the now traditional kick off of the christmas season (well for me it is). From this Saturday the "Big Big Movie" on RTE1 on a Saturday evening will be the Chistmas movies. :-) Now where did I leave that tree......

Saturday Nov 9th RTE1 6:35pm "The Santa Clause"

Saturday Nov 18th RTE1 5:25pm "Fred Claus"

Saturday Nov 25th RTE1: 635pm "The Santa Clause 2"

Cherrycola wrote: »

Love that movie too! Especially at the end when he comes out of the neighbours house and there's epic snow :D

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong. Here comes the now traditional kick off of the christmas season (well for me it is). From this Saturday the "Big Big Movie" on RTE1 on a Saturday evening will be the Chistmas movies. :-) Now where did I leave that tree......

Saturday Nov 9th RTE1 6:35pm "The Santa Clause"

Saturday Nov 18th RTE1 5:25pm "Fred Claus"

Saturday Nov 25th RTE1: 635pm "The Santa Clause 2"

:eek:eeeeekk!!! :D

Advertisement