Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Australian flight without passport

Options
  • 27-07-2013 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

I sent my Irish passport to the Canberra office to be renewed but may need to book a flight and travel internally in Australia from Melbourne to Perth while it's being renewed.

Wondering is it possible to do this without my Irish passport. Over here on sponsored visa.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Hi there,

I sent my Irish passport to the Canberra office to be renewed but may need to book a flight and travel internally in Australia from Melbourne to Perth while it's being renewed.

Wondering is it possible to do this without my Irish passport. Over here on sponsored visa.

Thanks.

They've never asked me for ID on an internal flight when I've checked in online and only been bringing carry on. Have asked for ID when checking in at desk.

Don't see why driving license wouldn't suffice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 swazzie

I work for an airline in Australia , you don't need a passport to travel domestic but you may be asked for ID. Drivers license will do.

Advertisement