Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy earplugs?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Just wondering where can i buy earplugs in cork for blocking out noise at night?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Chemist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Don't know about local, but personally bought a load of pairs of ones like these as I was having problems with loud neighbours.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/40-Classic-Soft-Ear-Foam-Ear-Plugs-Defenders-Protectors-Earplugs-for-Sleeping-/330969305652?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item4d0f4ed234

Will post you some if you're stuck, neighbours moved out and I have like 40 pairs of them taking up space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

ianol1989 wrote: »
    Just wondering where can i buy earplugs in cork for blocking out noise at night?
    Builders supplies or defo any of those safety equipment shops that supply snickers workwear or steel toe cap boots,ah ya know what I mean.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ardle1 wrote: »
    Builders supplies or defo any of those safety equipment shops that supply snickers workwear or steel toe cap boots,ah ya know what I mean.:cool:

Absolutely. If you buy them in a chemist you will get absolutely ripped off. Just remember to buy the soft cone shaped ones and not the hard cylindrical ones (usually yellow coloured) because the latter will cause greater discomfort over a shorter period of time.

Buy them in some kind of bulk. You will always use them when you have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Boots chemist usually have a selection from wax to foam type ear plugs - and could advise on which ones would suit you best. Just remember to change/wash them regularly to prevent ear infections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Try a diy shop or a music shop. I know that Pro Musica on Oliver Plunkett street have the disposable foam ones but not sure about proper ones, DIY shops or builders providers might have better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

All types are available in hardware or safety equipment shops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

EuroGiant has them in a set with a sleep mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianol1989

iora_rua wrote: »
    Boots chemist usually have a selection from wax to foam type ear plugs - and could advise on which ones would suit you best. Just remember to change/wash them regularly to prevent ear infections.

Have you tried any of the boots earplugs.
    Any recommendations?

ardle1 wrote: »

That's a brilliant idea. I was thinking chemists but diy shops surely would have earplugs.

• Advertisement

Don't know about local, but personally bought a load of pairs of ones like these as I was having problems with loud neighbours.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/40-Classic-Soft-Ear-Foam-Ear-Plugs-Defenders-Protectors-Earplugs-for-Sleeping-/330969305652?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item4d0f4ed234

Will post you some if you're stuck, neighbours moved out and I have like 40 pairs of them taking up space.

Thanks. Sure if i cant earplugs close to me ill pm you with paypal details for earplugs.
    Im i need of earplugs for the same reason as you, loud ass neighbours :)
    Are earplugs helpful for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Any recommendations?

I use the wax ones myself as I find they're really effective at keeping the noise out, but each to his own, and you might find the foam ones better. Maybe get a few different types and experiment. They can take a few nights to get the hang of - when I first used ear plugs, I often woke up to find that I'd removed them in my sleep ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Thanks. Sure if i cant earplugs close to me ill pm you with paypal details for earplugs.
    Im i need of earplugs for the same reason as you, loud ass neighbours :)
    Are earplugs helpful for this?

They defintely make a difference.

Not adviseable to wear them to bed though, as have heard/read that they can damage your ear drums if you do. If that is what you are looking for you should probably have a look for some earplugs which are properly suited. ie. Not the cheap ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Any recommendations?

I've been using the Boots wax ones to drown out nightly noise for years now and swear by them - most recently, a house alarm in my street was completely obliterated. I find that one plug can be rolled and split into 2, so a box lasts twice as long (as if you're really desperate, you can reuse them a second night too :pac:)

Advertisement