Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mobile should I buy?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I want to get a new phone, not sure which one. I was originally going to go bill pay but I think I am going to stick with pay as you go as I heard alot of people giving out about bill pay and are delighted when there contract is up! I was thinking iphone 5 but then seen another thread where they recommend waiting for iphone 5s. Any recommendations?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I want to get a new phone, not sure which one. I was originally going to go bill pay but I think I am going to stick with pay as you go as I heard alot of people giving out about bill pay and are delighted when there contract is up! I was thinking iphone 5 but then seen another thread where they recommend waiting for iphone 5s. Any recommendations?
    Thanks

I hope you are a better aim with a gun than your mouse. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mac10guns

Could be on to something here Mr. P ..... a gun that takes and can make phonecalls !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved from Target Shooting...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 uunlock

go for android mate ,iphone is a phone that you buy cant even use without permission from iTunes even when you have paid for it, you can copy music without permission of iTunes Again, You cant share you files via Bluetooth as iPhone doesnt allow that, you cannot even set personalize Ringtone Without permission from iTunes, and so on and so on........

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mrpockets09

Cheers for that! Yeah I'm not getting iphone nw, was thinking samsung s4 or htc one, trying to buy it unlocked though which is seeming difficult enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 TMG11

Go for the iPhone if you want a 'simpler' and minimal style operating system, or if you are more into a less restrictive operating system that you can make your own by customizing many features well then Android is the one for you! The choices when it comes to apple devices is small, the obvious choices for Android phones are the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One. The HTC Sense UI on the HTC One is beautiful though I can't say that for the TouchWiz UI on the S4 but it is much improved. I think you should go for the the Samsung S4 as it has way more innovative and useful features in day to day life than the other two phones. Try having a look on http://www.adverts.ie for one that is unlocked. Good luck with the search!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Samsung Galaxy S4. Fantastic device.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skull_town

I have the iPhone 5 and it is as good as any iPhone could get to be honest and it will be alot cheaper now the iPhone 5s is being release in September. Otherwise if you want to wait you could get the iPhone 6 instead. One bit of advice I would give you is not to go with a bill Phone of three. It has realy bad 3g coverage.

skull_town wrote: »
    I have the iPhone 5 and it is as good as any iPhone could get to be honest and it will be alot cheaper now the iPhone 5s is being release in September. Otherwise if you want to wait you could get the iPhone 6 instead. One bit of advice I would give you is not to go with a bill Phone of three. It has realy bad 3g coverage.

User said they wanted a Smartphone not a ****ePhone. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skull_town

Achilles wrote: »

You will need to expand on that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Not android so?

TBi wrote: »
    Not android so?

Yeah that's why they decided on a Samsung Galaxy S4. Anyway my response was tongue in cheek, both devices have their merits.

Yeah that's why they decided on a Samsung Galaxy S4. Anyway my response was tongue in cheek, both devices have their merits.

All devices have their merits. Each user has a different use case and what suits you may not suit them.

All devices have their merits. Each user has a different use case and what suits you may not suit them.

Yeah that's what I was saying!

Yeah that's what I was saying!

I'm not sure how the quote below equates to what I said.
    Samsung Galaxy S4. Fantastic device.

I'm not sure how the quote below equates to what I said.

Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Avoid contract. Buy the best phone you can afford and stick a pay as you go sim or 30 day rolling contract on it. with €250 I'd be looking for an unlocked Galaxy S3, iphone 4/s, Lumia 920, Htc One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I wouldn't be totally against contracts if you can manage to get a good one. I have a super 12 month contract which is fantastic. Also most phones can be unlocked on Ebay for around a tenner.

Advertisement