Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Light for 1998 Knaus 595 Camper

Options
  • 27-07-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi All
    We came back from France last week, missing the light cover over the back door of our Kanus 595 (1998). I am trying to source a second hand one, I have been quoted over €200 for a new part...See the pics below for before and after...any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭bellucio

Any ideas guys ???:confused:

Yes but you may not like it. Strip what you have and get another fluorescent or otherwise suitable light from an electrical wholesaler for €30.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous you could mould a new one and use gel for the glass
    The colour emitted from "white" LEDs and fluorescents is bloody awful and depressing and tends towards cold blues and sick greens.

The warm white's aren't so bad.
    Remember the sun is yellow which is why Edison chose tungsten in the first place.

Here's a cheap solution that'll brighten up the place (although strictly speaking it'll reduce the bulb output a fraction depending on the wavelength ie. deep colours will reduce the output significantly where light colours only a little...it's filtering out the wavelengths of light present in the bulb but not in the gel) .

http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/colour-list.html# <- this is not the full colour range. Also colours will vary depending on the light source. (I can recommend some if anyone is interested)

Available to buy online

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?sid=cfc1470d94ccd796482e3641a7eb729c&xsid=cfc1470d94ccd796482e3641a7eb729c&sw=lee+colour&x=0&y=0&gk=&bn=

Or walk in purchase;
    Stage Lighting Centre
    12 Brunswick Place,
    Dublin 2.

http://www.stagelightingcentre.com/?wpsc_product_category=sales-filter <-beware they close for lunch for an hour.

Lee sheets are high temperature, they can be taped directly onto leds or fluorescents with scotch/cellotape. If applying them to incandescents then it's best to leave a minimal gap so they are not directly contacting the hot glass.
    The sheets consists of roughly 2.5m x 1m of Gel.

I stick to the yellow/amber/red warm end of the spectrum in living spaces myself helps the place look nice and cosy .

As a rule of thumb 2700° Kelvin is natural light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Yes but you may not like it. Strip what you have and get another fluorescent or otherwise suitable light from an electrical wholesaler for €30.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous you could mould a new one and use gel for the glass

As a rule of thumb 2700° Kelvin is natural light.

I'd be inclined to get rid of it an fill the holes neatly as light over the door = midges / moths / mosquitos at the door so why spend money replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Advertisement