Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YouTube iOS App Broken?

• 27-07-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

The past 2 days I haven't been able to access the YouTube app on either of my iOS devices. Tried it on my iPhone 5 and iPad (3rd Gen) and it won't load any info. It just keeps saying 'cannot load tap to retry'. Tried it over 3G and Wifi.

Restart of the devices etc didn't work. Since its over both Wifi and 3G and not restricted to one device it seems like it's an issue on YouTube's part. Anybody been able to load anything up on the app?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's okay here. Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It's okay here. Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

I was considering it, but can't understand why it would stop working simultaneously on both devices. Seems strange and I thought maybe it was a widespread issue on YouTubes behalf. I can't understand why it would be a problem with either the iPhone or iPad.

EDIT: A delete and reinstall seemed to fix the problem but still strange how it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Probably an account verification bug, hence it being across all your devices :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Happened to me last week after I was uploading to Youtube from my laptop. Youtube asked me to accept its new layout, and after this, it would not work on my iPhone.

Deleting and re-installing the app did the trick.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 Cyber735

dilallio wrote: »
    Happened to me last week after I was uploading to Youtube from my laptop. Youtube asked me to accept its new layout, and after this, it would not work on my iPhone.

Deleting and re-installing the app did the trick.

Yep same situation here

• Advertisement
Advertisement