Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving abroad and Braces

Options
  • 27-07-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi there im thinking of moving to London or possibly Australia or Canada. Im halfway through orthodontist treatment and I'm just wondering about what will happen in regards to my braces when i move abroad. should i wait till my treatment is finished or can i get treatment abroad even though i have braces? what people's experiences working abroad with braces on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You can get treatment abroad but your insurance will be different, and it may be considered a "pre-existing condition" that they do not pay for. How long will the treatment take to complete? Getting a visa sorted to live abroad takes some time, so you may be done by the time you move anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 clarkycat

about another year and half. im thinking of London. so they have the nhs!! would insurance etc still matter?

Advertisement