Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harker Media Recording Equipment Rental

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

sounds like a good idea for a band to get a quick demo together. definitely a market there i would suspect. perfect for pre-production demos without the cost of a studio.

my problem is with you selling the product as 'professional quality'. your equipment is prosumer level and besides that, they equipment is only a small part of what goes into a pro recording (production, engineer. room, instruments, players etc).

i would suggest a more honest approach to your service. musicians can be fickle, especially when it comes to recording. if you advertise a product as 'professional' and the musicians quickly realise its only really for demos, your client relationships will turn sour pretty quickly.

just my two cents as someone who works with musicians daily.

EDIT: that price is outstanding by the way. ive a couple of bands in prepreduction at the moment that ill be passing your details onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Hi, thanks for you input. If you visit the website page, there is a sample recording at the end of the page. Would you tell me how you would class the quality of this recording? I'm trying to match it to a marketing term to replace professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Hi, thanks for you input. If you visit the website page, there is a sample recording at the end of the page. Would you tell me how you would class the quality of this recording? I'm trying to match it to a marketing term to replace professional.

the acoustic ones? i would call them good quality demos. a professional recording is a fair bit more complex in many ways.

Advertisement