Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bell box?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

It's time to replace the bell box.

I have seen numerous recommendations on the forum for the Pyronix Deltabell.

Would the lit version suit a domestic property?

Any other suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

What bell do you currently have ?

I replaced the red LEDs in my Sabb with green ones and they reflect off the grass and patio .

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

Evolution1 wrote: »

I replaced the red LEDs in my Sabb with green ones and they reflect off the grass and patio .

Bell box is about 10 years old (no brand) and corroded so will go with a new one.

Has anybody installed the lit version of the deltabell in their house ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's time to replace the bell box.

I have seen numerous recommendations on the forum for the Pyronix Deltabell.

Would the lit version suit a domestic property?

Any other suggestions welcome

Yes the Delta bell is the better deterrant in my opinion
    Pyronix-Deltabell.jpg

Yes they are fine on domestic properties. We have over 100 installed in one estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Some people love the Delta bell and some don't. I've had people point out a neighbours bell and tell me they definitely didn't want the same one as the LED back light looked terrible. I have also gone back to disconnect the LED on some bells as well as the user wasn't happy with the amount of light it threw out (too much).

On the flip side I have had people request them and they think they're great. My own mother loves hers :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The newer ones have an input to disable the back light. You could connects a spare strand to that & give you the option to switch it from the keypad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Where did you get the l.e.d.s? Did you have to do much doctoring?

kub wrote: »
    Where did you get the l.e.d.s? Did you have to do much doctoring?

Just a simple swap out . Bit of soldering .
    Best bit is my bell is "unique" and it gives an old bell new life .
    I have loads of components lying around. I order from rapid or maplins.
    Going to try on my newer sabb

Will upload to YouTube and post link tomorrow

Some people love the Delta bell and some don't. I've had people point out a neighbours bell and tell me they definitely didn't want the same one as the LED back light looked terrible. I have also gone back to disconnect the LED on some bells as well as the user wasn't happy with the amount of light it threw out (too much).

On the flip side I have had people request them and they think they're great. My own mother loves hers :)

It's not the back light that's bad it's all the shadows and uneven light from wires and components inside .
    The sounder is great though .

It's not the back light that's bad it's all the shadows and uneven light from wires and components inside .
    Problem solved.

http://www.pyronix.com/deltabellx-lightbox.php

KoolKid wrote: »

But how much is that compared to the standard one ?
    They need a nice sized company logo to really look good .

• Advertisement

About €10 more . Still less than a HKC SABB.

I'm not saying its any lesser than the HKC sabb . €58 for a HKC sabb
    I'm happy with my mods :) no one has a bell like mine .
    I hate when all you see is the same bell in an estate . HKC , pyronics ect .
    Makes all alarm systems look the same . And no ones stands out . I want mine to be different

You want different?
    mefPHxLcu8P_s6e--Gw3Mvw.jpg

You got different.;)
    Different wouldn't necessarily instil confidence for me.

That's just beautiful . Masterpiece .
    When will you be installing them haha ?

As soon as I can see where to put the LEDs. :)

Yes the Delta bell is the better deterrant in my opinion
    Pyronix-Deltabell.jpg

Yes they are fine on domestic properties. We have over 100 installed in one estate.

Installed the Deltabell plus today very straightforward and looks and sounds the business !
    Thanks for the replys.

Glad to hear you got sorted.
    Did you get a screened lid?

Glad to hear you got sorted.
    Did you get a screened lid?

Thought I was in business... but i am getting a Ext bell tamper. :(

The old hkc bell box had two tamper terminals - a Tamper return (yellow wire) and a 4k7 resistor.

The deltabell plus has two 'T' terminals.
    I connected yellow wire into one of these 'T' terminals and connected the other 'T' terminal to 0 volts.

The deltabell 'T' terminals are 0 ohms when tamper switch is closed and OL when the tamper switch is open.

Inspite of the above , the HKC panel Is seeing a tamper - any ideas greatly appreciated!

Put the Bell Hold Off into the top T & the resistor into the bottom & connect the yellow to the other side of the resistor.

Put the Bell Hold Off into the top T & the resistor into the bottom & connect the yellow to the other side of the resistor.

KoolKid -Thank you so much! That worked. You are a genius.

I owe you a pint for that.

• Advertisement

Glad to help.
    Did you get screened lids for that bell?

Glad to help.
    Did you get screened lids for that bell?

I got a blank lid and it looks ok. Would you have a photo of your screen printed lids?

Thanks again

Did I not send you that??

I'll PM it to you now..

Advertisement