Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I charge for babysitting?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

hi!

just wondering how much would be the going rate for babysitting an 8 year old baby on weekends?

should i charge 8 euro an hour or like a fixed rate of €25 and €10 after 12?

thank you :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I have an 8 year old - I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, or if it makes a difference, but we're out in a rural area so we used to pay €30 a night (say from 10-1 or whatever) and pay the girl's taxi home.

We haven't used a sitter in years, mainly because we can't afford to go out to be honest, but if it was a special occasion I'd have no problem paying €30 for a sitter for the night or paying €8/€10 an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 potato girl

Hi im in the south just got myself a babysitter for 20 month old baby and she said 20 or 30 euros she lives very near I collect her before we go out and walk her back home when we get back we usually start at 9 and have her home by 2 at latest she first year in college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thaidad

imelle wrote: »
    hi!

just wondering how much would be the going rate for babysitting an 8 year old baby on weekends?

should i charge 8 euro an hour or like a fixed rate of €25 and €10 after 12?

thank you :D

I used to give €10 and hr and € 20 an hr after 12am when I used a sitter. Don't go fixed rate or the parents won't try to come back on time as it won't coast them more, charge by the hour.

Advertisement