Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to ex-Amann plant in Tralee

Options
  • 27-07-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello,

I used to work at this plant and was made redundant in 2009, shortly before it closed for good.

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to advise if it would be possible to get access to it - inside and outside - as I'd like to take some photos and maybe make a film for my degree show next year. Does it still have a regular security presence? I'd heard that the place was broken into and the inside was fairly bad - anyone know if this is true?

All information would be gratefully received and if there are any ex-Amannites reading this, greetings from the ex-twisting manager in Spinning!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

fleabag wrote: »
    Hello,

I used to work at this plant and was made redundant in 2009, shortly before it closed for good.

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to advise if it would be possible to get access to it - inside and outside - as I'd like to take some photos and maybe make a film for my degree show next year. Does it still have a regular security presence? I'd heard that the place was broken into and the inside was fairly bad - anyone know if this is true?

All information would be gratefully received and if there are any ex-Amannites reading this, greetings from the ex-twisting manager in Spinning!! :)

Hows the going ,

Chances are I know you well, I worked there as an Apprentice Electrician until I qualified and like you was made redundant :). Think that gave my identity away.

My former manager which you no doubt know well is still looking after the place as far as I know. I reckon he would leave you have a look around. Drop me a PM if you want. I'll try and get his number for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Excellent, was wondering if he was still involved as he always did the security for the holidays. Hope things are going well for you, PM to be sent.

Thanks!

Advertisement