Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code tamper on HKC panel

Options
  • 27-07-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Installed a HKC sw10-70 alarm with the GSM unit have got a code tamper alarm up a few times just wondering what might cause this?
    Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The wrong code is being put in. Make sure you enter 0 before your code, every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭davebuck

The panel is in Spain and still armed was wondering if it was the sim card getting texts maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did you get any activations from it or just code tamper?

No the alarm has gone off before and I can turn it off and on again and check the status via the GSM no bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I didn't know HKC delt outside of Ireland and England .
    Could it be something with the power supply ? What's Spain on 110v or 220v ?

Have you tried defaulting the panel ?

Did you use a NEW SIM card ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

Your sim card has received a marketing sms and the gsm unit thinks that it is a invalid command . Need to talk to the sim card company that supplied the sim card and explain that the sim is in a gsm and to be removed from there marketing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

I take it your using the gsm p. This doesn't happen on the gsm q.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Could it be something with the power supply ? What's Spain on 110v or 220v ?

Spain is 220 AFAIK.

Yeah Spain is 220volts no problem there,think your right with the marketing texts as its been in use for about 3 years now..... and only happens the odd time.

Advertisement