Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed humps

Options
  • 27-07-2013 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Was up at tricky tricksters today for a kids party. Those speed humps on the entrance to the estate....what is it about them? They are simply MONSTROUS. Indeed the condition of the road into the estate is truly shocking.:mad:

Wonder will anything be done now they are charging us the LPT?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Was up at tricky tricksters today for a kids party. Those speed humps on the entrance to the estate....what is it about them? They are simply MONSTROUS. Indeed the condition of the road into the estate is truly shocking.:mad:

Wonder will anything be done now they are charging us the LPT?:rolleyes:

They were actually fixed a bit lately. The trucks are making a mess of them and I assume it is a private road so owner of the industrial estate would have to fix this. As he is bust http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/nama-challenges-moral-integrity-of-developer-seeking-creditor-protection/
    that is unlikely to get fixed very often, if at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Damien360 wrote: »
    They were actually fixed a bit lately. The trucks are making a mess of them and I assume it is a private road so owner of the industrial estate would have to fix this. As he is bust http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/nama-challenges-moral-integrity-of-developer-seeking-creditor-protection/
    that is unlikely to get fixed very often, if at all

Thanks for the feedback Damian. I, however, have to disagree with You on one thing. I used to drive trucks, so have an idea what am talking about here: The tops of the mountains ( humps) are all chaffed...trucks are much higher than what would cause this - it's cars thats doing it. Also, the first one has a fresh strip of tarmacadam on the mounting side...I wonder why? Really, this road is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks for the feedback Damian. I, however, have to disagree with You on one thing. I used to drive trucks, so have an idea what am talking about here: The tops of the mountains ( humps) are all chaffed...trucks are much higher than what would cause this - it's cars thats doing it. Also, the first one has a fresh strip of tarmacadam on the mounting side...I wonder why? Really, this road is a disgrace.

A few weeks ago there was a huge hole just in front of the hump. Everyone lined up and went over it on the other side to avoid the hole. That is why the new tarmac is there. Further in on the right hand side before the next ramp was another huge hole in the road and again everyone lined up for a go around the thing. There is some new tarmac in that also but it looks like they used the wheels of a car to compact it.

If I owned a business in there I would be mad as hell. I tend to avoid the place if I can, just so the car doesn't get a beating from the roads there.

The council rates are usually included in the price for rent of site in industrial estates but not sure how that is seen by council for maintainence of roads in private estate. No mention of this on their website.

http://ladytown.ie/

I could be wrong here, but if it's in NAMA, then it's under big fat phil's remit? If so, wonder how he can justify charging and letting this kind of shambles exist? I know if my car had been damaged, I'd be sueing someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Was up in that indoor mini golf place today - the road into the place is shockingly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I could be wrong here, but if it's in NAMA, then it's under big fat phil's remit? If so, wonder how he can justify charging and letting this kind of shambles exist? I know if my car had been damaged, I'd be sueing someone.

It's a private road.

It has nothing to do with the Household charge, Phil Hogan or anyone like that.

The owner has left the road in this poor state. Either get on the blower to him or just avoid the area. Not sure if is in Nama.

HonalD wrote: »
    It's a private road.

It has nothing to do with the Household charge, Phil Hogan or anyone like that.

The owner has left the road in this poor state. Either get on the blower to him or just avoid the area. Not sure if is in Nama.

OK, Now we have people saying the road is in NAMA, another saying it's a private road. Does it matter? What if somone badly damages their car driving over one of the monsters, who is held accountable?

Bottom line? The road is a disgrace to Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

It is indeed a private road and if you want something done about it, you would need to contact the owner. Alternatively, you could suggest to whatever businesses you travel to that they complain to the owner as it possibly impacting on peoples willingness to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I wonder are the ramps that big to slow the trucks down that go around the place like they themselves own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It's a private road, and even if NAMA are involved - they are there to maximise the return to the taxpayer, so they'll only invest what is required to make the site profitable and meet the needs of their tenants.

Your best bet is to let Tricky Tricksters know as they are the ones paying the rent on their unit, and the road is part of what they get in return.

From what I've noticed lately, some money has been spent on the surface and security features - which is probably being demanded by DSV as they have a huge operation throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

aodh_rua wrote: »
    It's a private road, and even if NAMA are involved - they are there to maximise the return to the taxpayer, so they'll only invest what is required to make the site profitable and meet the needs of their tenants.

Your best bet is to let Tricky Tricksters know as they are the ones paying the rent on their unit, and the road is part of what they get in return.

From what I've noticed lately, some money has been spent on the surface and security features - which is probably being demanded by DSV as they have a huge operation throughout.

And K-Bowl, and that indoor mini golf place, and every other business in there - if they all approached the owners as a group, they might get a better response.

Advertisement