Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The legendary J.J Cale, RIP.

Options
  • 27-07-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭

Very sad news today that the genius JJ Cale has died.

RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That's quite a legacy he left behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

How bizare, I was just about to take out his LP Troubadour to play it, when the phone rang and then I saw this.

RIP J.J. Cale, thank you for your beautifull music. 

From J.J. Cale.com
    JJ Cale Has Passed Away
    JJ Cale passed away at 8:00 pm on Friday July 26 at Scripps Hospital in La Jolla, CA.
    The legendary singer / songwriter had suffered a heart attack.
    There are no immediate plans for services.
    His history is well documented at JJCale.com, rosebudus.com/cale and in the documentary, To Tulsa And Back.
    Donations are not needed but he was a great lover of animals so, if you like, you can remember him with a donation to your favorite local animal shelter. 

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭De Bellem

Sad to hear the news

Have been playing "ANGEL" wriiten by JJ and on Eric Claptons cd
    "Old sock" where he plays guitar and on vocals. The link below will lead to other songs as well

http://youtu.be/1IWnlWGBHtw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Ah, I was very bummed out when I heard this morning, more for his wife (who he obviously adored) than for him, really. His guitar playing was impeccably understated and has influenced me more than any other guitarist. These two fantastic songs are prime examples of his magic.

Advertisement