Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedics in Australia

Options
  • 27-07-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey!

Is there any paramedics on here working in oz, looking for some advice about emigrating there and working in the ambulance service!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

stones55 wrote: »
    Hey!

Is there any paramedics on here working in oz, looking for some advice about emigrating there and working in the ambulance service!

Are you a trained and experienced paramedic?

Do you have a way to get Permanent residency?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

Zambia wrote: »
    Are you a trained and experienced paramedic?

Do you have a way to get Permanent residency?

Yes, qualified & experienced.

No, I was hoping to go on a working visa. I read a lot of the ambulance services help you to sort the visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Check the skills list, see if paramedic is on the main list. Each state also has its own skills list so they maybe worth researching as well. You might struggle to find employment on a working holiday visa.

Its just how it is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I'm pretty sure Johns Ambulance was recruiting directling in the UK a few years ago for jobs in WA and NT, although be warned it's expected that you do a few in really remote places.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No, I was hoping to go on a working visa. I read a lot of the ambulance services help you to sort the visa?
    There's no such visa as a "working visa".

I think you need to do a bit of research into what exactly your options are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yes, qualified & experienced.

Right you need to find out if any ambulance services are recruiting from abroad.

Here is the sponsored list (I think)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/csol.pdf
    Ambulance Officer 411111 VETASSESS

Intensive Care Ambulance
    Paramedic 411112 VETASSESS

Maybe try each state like WA

http://www.stjohnchangelives.com.au/qualified-paramedics.html

Anyway best of luck

Advertisement