Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 things (1) 4FM (2) Mobile Hairdresser?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Well now I have discovered the world of the boards...

(1) 4FM my favourite statio that I can get in my car when I drive to Cork as I leave Dungarvan & again in my car as I drive past the mast up the Comeraghs
    But can i get it inside my house NO and when WI drive to Waterford as soon as I pass Carrolls Cross I loose it to WLRfm:mad:
    So my question is does anyone have a frequency for it that works in doors

Now (2) I would love to get my hair cut but by a hair dresser that comes to the house - I loathe hair salons and the prices that go with them. These are really common where Im from but cant seem to find a reliable one here. I now live about 8km outside Dungarvan up the moutains but its easy to get to.

Any info gladly received.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

1) 4fm doesn't broadcast in Waterford.

2) No idea, ill leave someone else help you with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Ok but why doesnt 4fm broadcast in waterford - its in Limerick Cork Dublin ??? I can even pick it up in Clonmel & Kilkenny so why not here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sugoo69 wrote: »
    Ok but why doesnt 4fm broadcast in waterford - its in Limerick Cork Dublin ??? I can even pick it up in Clonmel & Kilkenny so why not here?

License issue afaik, just not permitted I believe.

Shame cos its realy good if you are of a certain age but not musically dead yet! Ah well there is always digital radio I suppose Thanks anyway

sugoo69 wrote: »
    Shame cos its realy good if you are of a certain age but not musically dead yet! Ah well there is always digital radio I suppose Thanks anyway

Yeah I really like it myself. Look forward to the day, if it comes, that car radios are digital so we can just go online and browse any station we like. Can't see traditional stations agreeing to it tho.

• Advertisement

But why - what is the hurdle? At the risk of starting the "Waterford is badly treated/we never get anything in Wateford" nonsense I would be genuinely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sully wrote: »
    Yeah I really like it myself. Look forward to the day, if it comes, that car radios are digital so we can just go online and browse any station we like. Can't see traditional stations agreeing to it tho.

But we can. Smartphone and Tunein radio app connected to the car stereo

Obviously not applicable to everyone but to those who can it is superb.

Now lertsnim I agree that is superb and easily accessible

However none of this is getting my barnet cut!

So and one know of a mobile hairdresser?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Sully wrote: »
    License issue afaik, just not permitted I believe.

A local station stopped them from broadcasting in the City.

Hair issue resolved - bit the bullet & went to new images in Dungarvan - excellent choice lovely new barnet and not too over priced - good job New Images

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A local station stopped them from broadcasting in the City.

Tell more

Advertisement