Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card fees?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

i have an AIB credit card which i always pay off by the 28th every month, kind of forgot about it this month, if i pay it off now online with tommorow being the 28th and a sunday will i pay charged late fees because it's a sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you transfer money from your AIB current account to the AIB VISA it usually takes 24 hours so it will hit the account Tuesday morning, so yes there could be slight interest charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    If you transfer money from your AIB current account to the AIB VISA it usually takes 24 hours so it will hit the account Tuesday morning, so yes there could be slight interest charges.

even though there website will show that i transfered the money today the 27th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Full interest on the full balance will apply

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

gustafo wrote: »
    even though there website will show that i transfered the money today the 27th?

It clearly states in the Ts & Cs that in a case like this (payment made on a Friday/holidays) may take a few working days to go through and therefore normal added charges will apply.

Your payment is in between your current account and credit card account at the mo so it technically hasn't been paid yet.

It's a pretty common query.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

callaway92 wrote: »
    It clearly states in the Ts & Cs that in a case like this (payment made on a Friday/holidays) may take a few working days to go through and therefore normal added charges will apply.

Your payment is in between your current account and credit card account at the mo so it technically hasn't been paid yet.

It's a pretty common query.

Ah well if that's the way that's the way, might give them a call on monday to see, they might leave me off with it as i always pay on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ah well if that's the way that's the way, might give them a call on monday to see, they might leave me off with it as i always pay on time.

There really is nothing they can do I'm afraid. You'd only be wasting your time to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

callaway92 wrote: »
    There really is nothing they can do I'm afraid. You'd only be wasting your time to be honest.

Yes there is. Sometimes credit card companies do waive late fees. It's happened me before, although not with AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

They used to. I often paid my AIB Visa a day or two late (just forgetfulness) and didn't get charged late fees. However, they've really tightened up in the last year or so and will charge a late fee any time they can. Similar to your situation, I recently paid on the due date (a Saturday) - something I've often done before without issue - but it wasn't credited to my account until the Monday and I was charged a late fee. Really annoyed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

What do you guys mean by "late fees"? The bank will charge interest on the balance if the balance is not cleared by the due payment date. Are you talking about normal interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

murphaph wrote: »
    What do you guys mean by "late fees"? The bank will charge interest on the balance if the balance is not cleared by the due payment date. Are you talking about normal interest?

Late fees also charged if minimum payment not made by a certain date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

murphaph wrote: »
    chris85 wrote: »
    Late fees also charged if minimum payment not made by a certain date.
    This. It's €7 for AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Thanks for the info. Never had the misfortune as I set up my cards to at least draw 3% of the balance by DD.

Advertisement