Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad accommodation

Options
  • 27-07-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I'm coming back to UL this year as a postgrad and was wondering where other postgrads have lived in the past and where the best place might be to stay as a postgrad.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

If you have the money you can always apply for the Quigley residence, which is postgrad only. I know Brennan Court in Kilmurry is already filled.

I know a few postgrads live up around Briarfield. Lived in Hawthornes for a year, its a bit of a ways out, but within walking distance, even better if you have a bike. The houses are generally pretty decent and rent reasonable, but make sure you actually look around a few houses, the state of some of them compared to others is insane.

Down around Curragh Birin there is some decent houses as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

Is there much difference between Quigley and normal cappavilla postgrad accommodation? In terms of price and the type of accommodation provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Much the same in the sense that they are have double bed en-suite rooms.

Roughly 4,500 for Cappavilla and 5,000 for Quigley. There might not be any spots left in Quigley but it would be worth a look to see for yourself I imagine. Haven't had a good look around Quigley but hurt it's great.

Advertisement