Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plenty of fish in Sutton

Options
  • 27-07-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi,

New to this forum and to fishing in general.

I've been out sea fishing to several spots around Dublin and I have a question about Sutton beach. This place looks like a river and is actually quite narrow during low tide.

9380936416_939ce305c7.jpg

Every time I go there I see plenty of fish in shallow water being very active but I can't seem to catch it. Have been there in the morning, evening, at low tide and high tide; tried probably about 20 different types of lures (spoons, sinkers, spinners, worms etc.), also a rig with mackerel belly but I always go home empty handed.

Right now it is driving me mad as I have been out there around 10 times already and twice today, in the morning and in the evening...

I have no idea what fish that is and was hoping one of you would know and could maybe tell me how can one catch it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Almost certainly mullet.......little bit of bread flake on a tiny hook is one way or better still, on the fly with a small larvae imitation fished with a bight indicator.....very finecky fish but they feed on the surface,.......easiest fly in the world to tie....get a bit of white polystyrene and whip it around a size12/14 hook.....floats nicely.....they're fiendishly difficult to hook (soft lips) but they go like a train if you get one....i know lads who catch sea trout (big) from a spot near where you are on plugs or live sand eel

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Thanks Mr Bumble, googled mullet pictures just now and they look exactly like the fish I saw. Will need to take your advice then :)

Advertisement