Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be approx cost to paint house inc woodwk?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

300sq m. All walls and ceilings, all woodwork (windows are plastic) .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Is that 300sqm to be painted or the size of the home? Big difference. How many doors, type of frames, skirting boards. Is it new or alot of prep. How many colours, feature walls? Flooring down? Area your in.

Impossible to answer your question by giving a ballpark...

Try and recieve a few quotes and that should give you a reasonable idea.

Good luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

300sq m. All walls and ceilings, all woodwork (windows are plastic) .

Thanks

What area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

It comes down to the measurement of areas. A ground floor area does not tell you how many m2 of walls there are, how many doors, how much skirting, how many window boards etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

ok, how much would it be to paint one room, with one window, so one window board and one door with a frame. the room is 10m x 12m and there is nothing else on the wall bar the window (1400mm wide) and the door 70mm wide.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

the room is 10m x 12m
    :eek:

Some room ;)

• Advertisement

D'oh!!
    I meant yards. I was trying to convert from feet to metres but I ended up converting from yards to metres.

Ok a room that is 4 m x 3.6m or 14 x 12 ft approx. Ceilings are 2.5m high

D'oh!!
    I meant yards. I was trying to convert from feet to metres but I ended up converting from yards to metres.

Ok a room that is 4 m x 3.6m or 14 x 12 ft approx. Ceilings are 2.5m high

All approx. (and legit) and what a building contractor would charge (paint direct would be less)

Walls about €250
    Ceiling €100
    Door €40
    architrave €25
    Skirtings €60
    window board €15

• Registered Users Posts: 42 juniorballyc

kkelliher wrote: »
    All approx. (and legit) and what a building contractor would charge (paint direct would be less)

Walls about €250
    Ceiling €100
    Door €40
    architrave €25
    Skirtings €60
    window board €15

Rediculous price in my opinion...... More like 250 in total

Rediculous price in my opinion...... More like 250 in total

I don't actually disagree but that's what people charge when measured.

You may always get a guy to lump sum it, but generally builders don't. In real terms it is hard for a contractor to supply paints, caulks etc and labour for multiple coats for €250 and still make a profit, cover overheads and pay taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The pricing of one room does not relate to the pricing of a house.
    You dont mention if the house is a bungalow, or on two or three stories, getting to the ceilings above the stairs, is there good (free) parking, is there a clamping risk, these things can make a difference to how a job is priced.
    My father got a few people around to price a 100sq.m. 3 bed 2 bath empty Unfurnished Bungalow with plenty of free parking space at the door.
    Prices ranged from 1200 to 2000 euro.
    He went for a two man team who were around 1400 and they did a great job and cleaned up well after themselves.

• Advertisement

Thanks all, just trying to get a handle on the pricing I have been given already. Thanks.

Advertisement