Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Meteor customer support with mail.mymetoer.ie issues!

Options
  • 28-07-2013 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

This situation started when I couldn't sign in to my old YouTube account because I didn't know my password, I tried recovering my password but the mail.mymeteor.ie had been 'terminated' the year before so all the password recovery emails were being sent to an email address that I couldn't and still can't access at all.

I've rang and emailed multiple numbers and email addresses of Meteor Customer Support but all the answers I've received are just pathetic. For example: Firstly, many employees are not aware that mymeteor ever hosted an email service. Secondly, <snip> and <snip> of the Customer Care Administration Team told me my case was submitted to their 'Technical Department', I was told this in multiple emails from the 2nd of January 2013 through to the 1st of February 2013. Since then I've received no emails or calls updating me on the status of my case. This is only the struggle that I've had since November 2012. I've also tried on other separate occasions but communications have also broken down just like this time.

I wonder if anyone could help with this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you can't remember your password and have no way to access it and have exhausted you tubes password recovery options you'll just have to set up a new you tube account.
    Meteor not a fault here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Drunkmonkey is correct. You're out of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TMG11

Due to Data Proctection policies meteor have to keep the data and emails of all those email address on their mymeteor database/server for at least seven years and by law the emails and information on that account are my property I have a right to that information and that right is not being fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well unless you can remember your password you have the right to feck all as you can't prove it's your account. Data protection laws won't allow meteor to share any information unless you can pass account verification which you can't so give it up already,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TMG11

Well unless you can remember your password you have the right to feck all as you can't prove it's your account. Data protection laws won't allow meteor to share any information unless you can pass account verification which you can't so give it up already,

Man that's the funny thing I can pass account verification, the email account is associated with my meteor phone number at the time so if they look that up there is all my details there with the email address and the phone number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

TMG11 wrote: »
    Due to Data Proctection policies meteor have to keep the data and emails of all those email address on their mymeteor database/server for at least seven years and by law the emails and information on that account are my property I have a right to that information and that right is not being fulfilled.

Fair enough but that's for emails that were in your inbox before they suspended the mail service, not for emails sent now considering they won't go anywhere.

I'm sure a notice was put out before they suspended the email service anyhow to back up your emails or so, it's your responsibility to change your youtube email beforehand!

Advertisement