Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning 'guests'

Options
  • 28-07-2013 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I was awoken at approx 0630hrs this morning by 5-8 drunken skobes (Apols for colloquialism) walking through Charlesland grove carrying cans. Seemed to be doing an early morning tour of the area. Not sure where they came from/were going to, haven't seen them before & didn't seem to be from the area.

Anyone else see/hear them? What's the legal position on this? - i.e. drinking/ being drunk/loud in public, carrying booze at certain hours, etc.

Hope it's not going to be a regular thing, I'd gotten used to living in a nice, quiet area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Yes I was awaken around the same time too. They were shouting at each other at the tops of their voices and went over the wall into the farm land shouting at each other to drink more and then were all under 18 if no under 16. I was suprised the garda didnt arrive they were making such a racket. Disgraceful at that time of the morning then they started to throw rocks at the farm building. Little sh1**.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Did either of you call the Guards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Swanner wrote: »
    Did either of you call the Guards ?

Why would they do that when they can report it on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Will call the Gardai if it happens again, whilst they might have more pressing things to be doing, it's also good to nip this behaviour in the bud.

Seems the culprits are quite fond of this type of soirée, on a regular basis I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 J_L

Called the guards at about 6:50. Seemed to stop around fifteen minutes later.
    When I went outside the sound seemed to be coming from the waste area behind the wall seperating the Grove and the Park. Obviously wrong on that count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

I'd imagine it's school holidays, parents away and someone has a free house and they wandered out after being up all night. I remember something similar happening over summer on a Tuesday night and I yelled at them to shut the ....... as was asleep and bedroom window open. All I heard was "lads there's an ould lad shouting get out of here!" Car though next morning looked like Cider had ben sprayed on it.

They're not coming off the Nitelink anyway if it's 6.30, I've got that Nitelink home on plenty of occasions since moving down here in late 05 and there's never any hassle and great it comes to Charlesland now.

Calling the guards will maybe stop them if they catch them but if under 18 not huge amount they can do.

Advertisement