Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sour dough bread

Options
  • 28-07-2013 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy a proving basket for this bread in the Louth/Dublin area. If buying online what would you recommend. I'm very new to all this but I'd love to get it right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Hi muckisluck
    I would give Avoca in Rathcoole a call,they have a large selection of everything baking related. Its not something i ve got around to adding to my wares, but will eventually, i use some shallow pie dishes lined with floured linen cloth and it works well to hold the shape of the bread while proving.
    GL

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Does it have to be linen or would cotton do? I'll start by trying something like this. Will let you know how I got on. I have a sponge ready for proofing this afternoon so I'll try it with this one. Up to now I've just used a baking tin but I'm not getting the aeration I should so I'm going to try a change of implements to see what happens. Amazn have a basket I might try it if this doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

linen preferably as the fine woolly material in certainly new cotton cloths can stick to the proving bread. looking forward to seeing your bread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Thanks for that. Not sure how pictures will look but I have tasted enough to know it tastes good. I'm at the tuning stage trying to get everything right as well as the taste! Lets see how it goes. Unlikely to have any results until tomorrow I'd guess.

Advertisement