Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ladies Of The Night" - on Upper William Street *mod warning posts 102 +105*

• 28-07-2013 10:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

How the smeg are the Gards not onto these trio already? :confused:
    If you've seen them you'll know...is it a Garda sting?...shirley cameras are trained on the gaf?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Never been on Catherine Street at night then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It's actually funny at this stage! The state of them as well, not a Julia Roberts among the bunch!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    It's actually funny at this stage! The state of them as well, not a Julia Roberts among the bunch!

I thought the blonde wan was good to go - though they are rather...um, big boned ladies. I was getting some money out of the AIB across the street and they were whistling to come over...lol.

Walk in that flat you'd probably get a gun in yer face....and an STD :o

If you've seen them you'll know...is it a Garda sting?...shirley cameras are trained on the gaf?

Catherine street is the same. Could also be a Garda sting as they seem to be clamping down on this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScafPT9250zWaPn_jGrvs5U18cq2-T5RaggxXobvAlWvLb_Yz0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

All the street lights on that section of William Street have been off for the last 2 weeks. But the guards do have one of the cctv camera at the traffic lights focused right at the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I googled Shirley cameras, to see what they were :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I googled Shirley cameras, to see what they were :(

so did I....

...I still don't know what they are :confused::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I presume he meant surely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

I had to wait to meet a friend over by the Roundhouse one night and one of them came over asking was I interested. I politely said no thanks and she asked for a lighter. She spoke for a few minutes while having the cigarette, just having the banter. Next thing a car came along and she went over to chat to yer man and off she went went him. She seemed like a lovely young woman, and it kind of broke my heart to think that she had to resort to this for a living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You should have give her the line "Let me take you away from all this sh*t"

Seriously though, they seem to be all over the place around Catherine St. Beyond a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It really is got beyond a joke, they are getting more blatant.

Saw a bunch last Thursday on the corner of Catherine Street next to Jerry Flannery's. These ones looked pretty young enough, late teens to maybe very early twenties.

Now maybe I just don't know the areas in places like Cork, Galway and Dublin but I've only ever seen an obvious prostitute in those cities once (Cork). I'm not naive to think there aren't prostitutes in those cities but they are certainly not as blatant or as close to the city centre.

Maybe we could turn around our cities economic woes by becoming a sex destination, Amsterdam V2.0 :D

The "Fashion Quarter". Next to the "Prostitute Quarter"...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Mod edit: Personal abuse will not be tolerated. One week ban.

seachto7 wrote: »
    You should have give her the line "Let me take you away from all this sh*t"

Seriously though, they seem to be all over the place around Catherine St. Beyond a joke.

Stay away from Catherine street then..simple

**** sake the stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

jay92 wrote: »

**** sake the stupidity
    W-What if... I live there?

Gotham wrote: »
    W-What if... I live there?

That fine then. Dont hate on what you dont understand like the other fools. Not the girls fault that they need to make a living

Sure what business is it of yours if there are girls working the streets?

Do you know the circumstances as to why they are doing it? No you dont because you are a conservative asshole...

If you dont like it then keep out of the city

It must be pretty bad circumstances if they stand on the street and agree to have sex with total strangers for cash.

seachto7 wrote: »
    It must be pretty bad circumstances if they stand on the street and agree to have sex with total strangers for cash.

Yeah circumstances would be that bad, Iv not been able to find any work, not even an interview in 9+months of looking, so these girls stand no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Yeah circumstances would be that bad, Iv not been able to find any work, not even an interview in 9+months of looking, so these girls stand no chance.
    Lets assume you've got a job now, and you have a little extra dosh to spare.
    Would you go up to one and give her a pro-bono donation? Like you might a homeless person?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

any daycent looking ones worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Sure what business is it of yours if there are girls working the streets?

Do you know the circumstances as to why they are doing it? No you dont because you are a conservative asshole...

If you dont like it then keep out of the city

Well its every Limerick persons business when prostitutes are roaming the streets jeering and whistling at passers by.
    One of the main topics of conversation amongst rugby/gaa fans visiting the city for a match are the hookers on the street, which you don't see anywhere else in Ireland. It re-enforces Limericks already awful reputation around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

I'm looking forward to seeing how many names on the list I know next time there is a sting .... had 3 the last time

Seriously though - no place for it on the streets although I'd advocate a regulated industry like Australia ... each to there own and all that.

Have to feel sorry for those street walkers

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

I suppose they are the only people on the streets of Limerick after six o' clock..which makes them even more blatantly obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

That fine then. Dont hate on what you dont understand like the other fools. Not the girls fault that they need to make a living

So this attitude should be adopted for drug dealing and organised crime too?

"Ah sure, they need to make a living"

Cop onto your self :eek:

What's worse than the ladies hanging around are the scum pimps roaming around as well. A lad I knew plastered coming out of Costelloes was angling to give one of them a hiding recently, but though twice about it in the end.
    You then get a general undesirable element kerb crawling as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

**** sake the stupidity

Stay away from Catherine St, and William St, and High St. yeah? :rolleyes:

What they're doing makes some people feel uncomfortable. You shouldn't have to avoid your own city centre because of illegal activities going on. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gotham wrote: »
    Lets assume you've got a job now, and you have a little extra dosh to spare.
    Would you go up to one and give her a pro-boner donation? Like you might a homeless person?

FYP, i'll get my coat.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Can Folk please stop responding to the posts of jay92. He is serving a ban and as such will be unable to respond in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They stand right outside Flannerys on Saturday night as well, go to Costellos the odd weekend and you'd always see a few on the way up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

After the bad PR over the sting operation and the paperwork/time it takes up when they will just start again a few days later think the guards are taken a more relaxed view

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement