Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ladies Of The Night" - on Upper William Street *mod warning posts 102 +105*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I heard there was an incident on Sunday afternoon with the gardai and this lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

panda100 wrote: »
    It's difficult for women to meet people too, but you don't see us paying random men to perform sex acts on us. Going to a prostitute has nothing to do with sex or companionship, its a power thing

You would be surprises the amount of women out there who pay for sex, though they are a bit more discreet but it's definitely not an exclusive man thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

See the latest article in the leader has a garda source saying the majority of the women have voluntarily chosen to travel to Limerick to work in the sex trade due to the large amounts of money they can earn and that there's no evidence of trafficking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Am I fecking blind or what. I go running in the direction of the Parkway via William Street twice a week and I never see anyone resembling a hooker!

Yeah there sometimes at the door of the Blinds place that is there on the right and the irony of them being outside the religious shop next door too , But ya if there not the front there always looking out the windows above and waving down to passers by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I pass upper William street nearly every night and they are there 90% of the time. They started out hang around outside the door dressed normally and looked like people out for a smoke but recently they have become more obvious in their attire that they are prostitutes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jofspring wrote: »
    I pass upper William street nearly every night and they are there 90% of the time. They started out hang around outside the door dressed normally and looked like people out for a smoke but recently they have become more obvious in their attire that they are prostitutes.

its because the trio are much more blatant....mini skirts are one thing, but the wolf whistles and waving and cars beeping etc. kinda give the game away.

i wonder if this trio are the wans offering sex without condoms......

I saw one of the girls this morning in her jammies sweeping the front door entrance. amazing what makup does!

[wonders if there are kiddies up in that gaff]

Thread back on topic - Are the apartments that these ladies are working out of officially illegal? I mean, can't the landlords evict them? It's so blatant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Dont know the landlords and not casting any doubt on their character but a lot of people nowadays could not give a damn as long as the place is rented and they are earning cash

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Mod Edit: Banned for one month. Third incident of personal abuse from the same poster in this forum since July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Just spent some time cleaning up this thread. It either stays on topic from here in, or it gets locked.

And I do not want to see any sweeping generalisations towards the women or men of Limerick again in this thread, and I do not want to see others helping to keep those generalisations going through quoting them rather than bringing them to a mod's attention.

We do not get to read every post on the forum post folks, so when a thread is going off course as this one was, please use the report post function if you find it offensive. That way it gets brought to our attention quicker and we can make a call on the content there and then rather than discovering the content when the thread was brought to our attention for another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Generally hanging out of the second floor window directly across the road from the old AIB Bank at the top of William St.

I used to live in that apartment! Many years ago now, but I recall a funny incident involving a flatmate trying to read the time from a clock behind the bank managers desk through a telescopic sight on a rifle, the manager glancing up to see the rifle pointed at him, and diving to the ground behind the desk.

Liam28 wrote: »
    I used to live in that apartment! Many years ago now, but I recall a funny incident involving a flatmate trying to read the time from a clock behind the bank managers desk through a telescopic sight on a rifle, the manager glancing up to see the rifle pointed at him, and diving to the ground behind the desk.

what the..........:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: On topic folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

would it be better if it was legalised and regulated??

regulation would mean
    - we make sure that health and saftey concerns to the public are addressed
    - we take control away from trafficers/mobsters
    - it could be publicly taxed therefore the cash could be used for the good of the city
    - it could be zoned. meaning that a street or an area away from the city center could be zoned as legal making sure that this isnt around families/visitors
    - it would be put a huge dent in the crimewave accross the country

not interested myself as i have the misses but this kind of service could be looked at as a good thing. whatever our individual views on it being clean or dirty it doesnt matter. if it was regulated it would be clean. it could be morally wrong but thats a vague statement that can be said the same for when i use the lords name in vein every 10 mins. hell i made an off the cuff joke the other day telling my friend i was raped by a priest(didnt happen) but it was a joke. wow though that says more about my moral compass

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

This is disgraceful. Obviously the owner of the buildings used does not care how the rent is paid. The men that pay for sex are worse.

Would making it legal and regulating it result in taxes being paid to revenue?

Davyhal wrote: »
    I had to wait to meet a friend over by the Roundhouse one night and one of them came over asking was I interested. I politely said no thanks and she asked for a lighter. She spoke for a few minutes while having the cigarette, just having the banter. Next thing a car came along and she went over to chat to yer man and off she went went him. She seemed like a lovely young woman, and it kind of broke my heart to think that she had to resort to this for a living.

Why do they have to resort to doing this to make a living. If they really wanted to they would get an education and a good job anywhere in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Why do they have to resort to doing this to make a living. If they really wanted to they would get an education and a good job anywhere in the world

Maybe some of them like it?

"This sort of thing"........is prostitution known as the old profession in the world? This sort of thing is hardly new.

john_cappa wrote: »
    Maybe some of them like it?

"This sort of thing"........is prostitution known as the old profession in the world? This sort of thing is hardly new.

Well I think they just dont know how to do anything else to earn a living. They have no self respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Well I think they just dont know how to do anything else to earn a living.

Very presumptuous. Possibily accurate.

Perhaps some just like the easy money? If they are willing and safe then what harm are the causing?

They have no self respect

Again very judgmental though not surprising given the conditioning this country has had regarding sex.

It is a sin.
    No pleasure should be gained from it.
    Only for making babies.

For what it is worth I agree with what you have said. But I know I am wrong in my thinking.

• Advertisement

Why are the men "worse" for paying for sex as some put it? Maybe they lack the social skills to go and chat up women. Or they lack the confidence. Or maybe they don't want the hassle or inconvenience of having to try and chat up and pull someone, and all they want is a shag, plain and simple. The service is there for them, whether it be morally right or wrong. Same as getting high. That service is there too.
    I don't buy how any woman could enjoy multiple sex every night with strangers, most of whom she won't even be attracted to. Frequenting a lady of the night is different to a one night stand. There is zero emotional or physical attraction with a lady of the night and the client as far as I am concerned. It's a service. Mechanical.
    But saying the men are worse...
    I dunno. How do you know what is going on in their lives? What do you know about their relationship history or lack of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

This is disgraceful. Obviously the owner of the buildings used does not care how the rent is paid. The men that pay for sex are worse.

Would making it legal and regulating it result in taxes being paid to revenue?

Yes I agree "down with this sort of thing!" :mad: By the way, where exactly is this house? :D

Seriously I say license and tax prostitution. To be fair I think it should be in a designated area, a bit away from the city shopping centre, maybe around Mallow Street. Then everyone would know what and where it is and no one could be offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

Im going to get me some poonani on catherine street this evening. Then off for a few beers with the lads and home to the wife by eleven thirty.

Im going to get me some poonani on catherine street this evening. Then off for a few beers with the lads and home to the wife by eleven thirty.

Lol very good. :D

Make sure you head into Jerry Flannerys

<Snip>

<snip>

john_cappa wrote: »
    Very presumptuous. Possibily accurate.

Perhaps some just like the easy money? If they are willing and safe then what harm are the causing?

Again very judgmental though not surprising given the conditioning this country has had regarding sex.

It is a sin.
    No pleasure should be gained from it.
    Only for making babies.

For what it is worth I agree with what you have said. But I know I am wrong in my thinking.

It might be judgemental. I am a woman and I have too much self respect to do that. That is why I said what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

It might be judgemental. I am a woman and I have too much self respect to do that. That is why I said what I said.[/QUOT]

being a woman is nothing to do with it what so ever

it is sex for sale and the most popular product has boobs. the women (who arent forced into it) must enjoy it whether its for the cash or because they like sex.

ive met alot of women(not talking sexually) but loads of women love sex so if you can get paid to do something you enjoy why not. where is the lack of self respect in that??

or is it better to wear a tiny skirt and string top and go into d'icon where you can get guys to buy drinks for you all night by leading them on and then feck off home alone after getting off on the tease. because i assure you the non prostitutes of this town arent all innocent

• Advertisement

Paulegend wrote: »
    It might be judgemental. I am a woman and I have too much self respect to do that. That is why I said what I said.[/QUOT]

being a woman is nothing to do with it what so ever

it is sex for sale and the most popular product has boobs. the women (who arent forced into it) must enjoy it whether its for the cash or because they like sex.

ive met alot of women(not talking sexually) but loads of women love sex so if you can get paid to do something you enjoy why not. where is the lack of self respect in that??

or is it better to wear a tiny skirt and string top and go into d'icon where you can get guys to buy drinks for you all night by leading them on and then feck off home alone after getting off on the tease. because i assure you the non prostitutes of this town arent all innocent

My point is that I am the type of woman that would never sleep with so many men in one night just for money. I would never put my health at risk just for money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement