Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Inward Payment Query

Options
  • 28-07-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Swift transfers have charges applied. They're usually more than the 12.50 your wife has been charged but there are different options for how to pay the charge. It can be paid entirely by the person sending the money, entirely by the person receiving the money, or shared 50/50. I'd wager this is a shared charge cos I don't think any bank does them for less than €20. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Not quite sure, but if AIB is stating a charge of 6.35 on the second transfer and not stating anything else, my guess is that the 12.50 is being charged by the issuing bank, and whoever is sending the money is saying to deduct the charge from the original amount as opposed to paying it separately.

Do you know what bank the money was sent from? I'm guessing it wasn't sent from an AIB account, but here is some info regarding charges/methods associated with international payments being sent from an AIB account

Link 1
    Link 2

By the way, it is always very expensive to send small amounts by international payment. That is because most charges are fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement