Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse riding school

Options
  • 28-07-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hey does anyone know if there are any horse riding schools in Galway, that are not involved with foxhunting in any way? It seems to be that most are. Either organizing or providing horses etc. Its hard to find any info online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

The vast majority would keep horses on livery that would be used in hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

I have gone to Clonboo riding school in co.galway & also Rockmount riding school in Claregalway. They are brilliant there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

And do you know if they any connections to hunts in any way.

Grosser all of them do in some way or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Not that I am aware of, here is Rockmounts website. I can't see anything about it on there but u could ring them and see. http://www.rockmountridingcentre.com/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

This is another one I have used and as far as I know they don't have anything to do with hunts...again you could ask them. They give lessons and organise treks...based in Oughterard.

http://www.connemarahorseriding.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

Could I just check with you OP, you wouldn't use a riding school if they happened to have horses there on livery that are used for hunting? Even if they themselves are not involved?

I am afraid so Rosegra. I know that there lots of varying factors to consider, but id rather just find somewhere that has nothing to do with foxhunts.

Op i have used various riding schools around galway for well over 20yrs every single one of them has either used the horses themselves for hunting, or had them on livery for hunting.

thank peeps for the replies, I found one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

Some of them treat the horses badly so i'd look into that too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

grosser wrote: »
    thank peeps for the replies, I found one.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

hollysf wrote: »
    Some of them treat the horses badly so i'd look into that too:(

Do you have a link to this or is it just a baseless accusation?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do you have a link to this or is it just a baseless accusation?

The poster hasn't named anyone/place/company so does not need to provide a link... it's akin to saying "some people are dicks", well some people are dicks...and some people with animals don't take care of them - it happens - there's plenty of animal cruelty happening in ireland at the moment, it's good advise to remain vigilant about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The poster hasn't named anyone/place/company so does not need to provide a link... it's akin to saying "some people are dicks", well some people are dicks...and some people with animals don't take care of them - it happens - there's plenty of animal cruelty happening in ireland at the moment, it's good advise to remain vigilant about it.

Well there arent many in Galway to begin with but thats grand.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Which one?

If you pm me ill let you know.

Advertisement