Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sands hotel tramore

Options
  • 28-07-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Anyone know if this is open ? Website phone no is not answering. Looking for accom in tramore next Friday for family and proving difficult !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Anyone know if this is open ? Website phone no is not answering. Looking for accom in tramore next Friday for family and proving difficult !!!

Closed down.... have you tried the Majestic or the Grand Hotel.

Hotel choice in Tramore is not great tbh. Try a guest house you might have better luck. But given that it's a Bank holiday weekend and there's a lot going on especially the Spraoi, you might have left it a bit late

Try this

http://www.booking.com/city/ie/tramore.html?aid=308014&label=msn-eTFpkzu_t8X9CLFiZljrsA-475521820&utm_campaign=Ireland&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_term=tramore%20ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Thanks for help , tried both , yeah agree I was late getting my act together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Slim chance but have you tried O Shea's?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Waterford County

The Sands Hotel is closed a while now. You have the Majestic, The Grand and O'Shea's. Otherwise, you can go with B&B's. Or Self Catering apartments / houses / Caravan & Camping. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Sands Hotel is reopening soon - Watch this space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Passed The Sands earlier today. Outside is getting a lick of paint and looked like the fridges are getting restocked.

Anybody know if it has a new owner or whats happening down there. A bit late in the season to be opening up, but better late than never i suppose.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ORVEE wrote: »
    Passed The Sands earlier today. Outside is getting a lick of paint and looked like the fridges are getting restocked.

Anybody know if it has a new owner or whats happening down there. A bit late in the season to be opening up, but better late than never i suppose.

Same chap running it as the last time, if my information is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dave_Power

The bank owns the sands now. yes?

Dave_Power wrote: »
    The bank owns the sands now. yes?

It was bought but I don't know if the sale was finalised.

Don't like the colour its being painted myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dave_Power

how much? and who?
    i didnt no it was even up for sale

• Advertisement

Dave_Power wrote: »
    how much? and who?
    i didnt no it was even up for sale

Don't know, don't think it was ever released publicly. It went up for sale pretty quickly after it was taken from Freddie and there was one attempt at re-opening it but it didn't materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

its supposed to open this weekend dont know if thats true

I was down yesterday and was told it was opening in the next few days , will add a bit of life to the promenade

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Just the bar, or the hotel as well?

It's a lovely shade of pink now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Reopened today looks to be a few in there when I passed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Is it the Sands Hotel that has the night club? What night clubs are there in tramore?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

there are at the moment none the night club thats joined to the sands is reopening this saturday there is another the venue that is a part of o sheas hotel its open sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

tramoreman wrote: »
    there are at the moment none the night club thats joined to the sands is reopening this saturday there is another the venue that is a part of o sheas hotel its open sometimes.

Good , town badly needs a club

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Hi, hope you dont mind my asking here if the Sands Hotel was formerly the Hotel de Luxe and would you know anything more about its history, thanks.....

That's the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

mari2222 wrote: »
    Hi, hope you dont mind my asking here if the Sands Hotel was formerly the Hotel de Luxe and would you know anything more about its history, thanks.....

I got my first pint in there, 16 years old, it was a great place to get a pint when you were underage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Spent 5 summers of my youth working there.

Hell on earth to work sometimes but the staff were a great craic, it's what kept me working there. Changed for the better when Freddie took over.

Good to see it back open and always seems to be a few in there when I pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

http://www.facebook.com/OceanaTramore

Looks like its opening the bank holiday weekend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

mari2222 wrote: »

It's the same hotel, was originally opened as the Marine Hotel in the mid 1800s.

L_ROY_00090.jpg

Link here as part of the Lawrence Photograph Collection by photographer Robert French.

Advertisement