Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing Priest

Options
  • 28-07-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,Does anyone know if theres a healing priest based in Melleray.A couple of years ago a woman told me of such a person and I wonder if anyone has heard of him .Is he still there,whats his name and if hes still alive.Thanks,Bogs.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

bogs wrote: »
    Hi,Does anyone know if theres a healing priest based in Melleray.A couple of years ago a woman told me of such a person and I wonder if anyone has heard of him .Is he still there,whats his name and if hes still alive.Thanks,Bogs.:)
    i have heard of him but do not know his name. the person i know of who he was contacted about died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

his surname was o brien, he passed away about 2 or three years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Fr. Athanasius O' Brien , i seen him a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

try fr jim cogley. olygate parish , wexford.
    woodyou believe books.
    heals family, generational healing. unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

How about trying a decent diet, a bit of exercise and fresh air. And save your money.

Healing priest:rolleyes:in the name of jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

digzy wrote: »
    How about trying a decent diet, a bit of exercise and fresh air. And save your money.

that is a pretty ignorant thing to say if someone is ill and a diet will not help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

blastit wrote: »
    that is a pretty ignorant thing to say if someone is ill and a diet will not help

And a healing priest will? There's a difference between a 'decent diet' and a 'diet' as you appear to understand it.

Op I sincerely hope you get over whatever's wrong but a 'healing priest' would be fairly far down my list of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

And a healing priest will? There's a difference between a 'decent diet' and a 'diet' as you appear to understand it.

Op I sincerely hope you get over whatever's wrong but a 'healing priest' would be fairly far down my list of options.
    I did not say a healing priest will but dismissing it as bein g cured with diet etc is pretty arrogant as you do nt know what the problem is.

Decent or not decent, a diet as you appear to understand it, will not heal someone with a serious illness It would be low down my list too but it is still very dismissive to say aqll op needs is a decent diet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

You roll your eyes because someone thinks different to you? I would be thinking the same,but I wouldn't ridicule op's belief.The op is entitled to believe whatever he/she wants,as are you,but to dismiss it the way you did was not called for.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

DT100 wrote: »
    You roll your eyes because someone thinks different to you? I would be thinking the same,but I wouldn't ridicule op's belief.The op is entitled to believe whatever he/she wants,as are you,but to dismiss it the way you did was not called for.

They are entitled to believe what they like just as others are entitled to dismiss said beliefs. If OPs beliefs were that women were inferior to men, would you still be defending them from the suggestion that such a belief is ludicrous?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The Ops question has been answered I believe and the thread is just a discussion on beliefs and ideals now which I don't feel is suited for a Regional Forum so I'm locking the thread.

If you want to discuss faith or healers or whatever, find another forum on here please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement