Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little bit if a heads up please

Options
  • 28-07-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey all "mature students"
    Im going to WIT in Septemeber to do BA Hons Social Science after doing a FETAC level 5, I got 10 distinctions and didnt find the academic content too taxing..What can I expect as I start the Level 8?
    Im expecting a bit of a leap, having said that there are many subjects that will not have been covered in the leaving cert syllabus such as Psychology & sociology.
    I reackon that if I treat it as a job and give it 40 hours a week that should be plenty?
    So what have you experienced so far? Was it a shock?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

I'm also interested to know how much more difficult level 8 is going to be than a fetac level 5. I'm starting Computer Applications in DCU and it's supposed to be quite a difficult course.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surewhoknows

People who come through a busy fetac level 5 usually find first year in college very manageable and often not as hectic as level 5. Getting organised from the start and not leaving work until deadlines and exam time is vital. But level 5 grads often get this more right than people making the jump from leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Great thanks for that I truely believe we put so much pressure on LC students and then trying to manage independant learning after the sausage factory of the LC is too much. With having a older head (and rest of body!) I know that time management is a vital skill

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PMurph048

What you can expect is a rake of lads and girls around 18/19 years of age going out and getting scuttered every night and not really giving a sh*t about the course until exam time. I know, I'm one of these young lads

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Well PMurph each to his own - having done that the first time back in the 80s Ill pass this time. I have 2 young people of my own (23 & 19) both of whom are /have been in college so Im expecting that and so long as it has no impact on me I couldnt give a rats behind what they get up to tbh. Its part of growing up and one I remember fondly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement