Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta Airlines to Atlanta

Options
  • 28-07-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what entertainment system is now on Delta flights. Last time we went with them it was overhead tvs to Atlanta and then seatback for our onward connection. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just type your flight number into www.seatguru.com and it should have the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Seat Guru is not always right - thanks for your input. The flight number is DL177 and it doesn't give any info for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I flew last September and it had seat back entertainment. The plane was an A330. I think the plane type determines the type of IFE.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do a dummy booking on Delta.com for the dates in question. It tells you what facilities will be on board each flight.

Even different aircraft of the same type can have some differences. I don't think the roll-out of on-demand has reached all the aircraft yet.

Thanks - dates aren't released yet but will do that at the time. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's still a mix, some aircraft have seatback entertainment, some don't. Not even all the aircraft of a single type have seatback so it is next to impossible to predict. Then add in the possibility of an aircraft being switched last minute due to "operational" issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

I went with Delta from DUB last Sep.
    The thread below might be usefull.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056774466

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

We flew with them on the DL177 flight on July 17th last. The plane was a Airbus 330-200 and it had seat back entertainment on all seats. They will change back to the Boeing 767 in the winter months and this plane as far as I know does not have seat back screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I will be going from ATL->DUB in October on the Boeing 767 version (DL 176), will be too hard to tell until the day of.

Would be interested in what you get as its October we will be travelling.

• Advertisement

I think that will be a 767.
    If you visit Delta website and put your travel dates in you can find out. Just click on flight number that comes up & aircraft type is listed.

Even if it is a 767 (actually I think it will be a 757) there is no guarantee of entertainment type. Some have seatback screens fitted, some have overhead only. Plan for none and be pleasantly surprised if you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

I flew Delta to Atlanta last December and only had overhead screens. I actually didn't even realise they still had those in service for international flights, first plane with no personal TV (non-domestic) that I've been on in about 4 years. Needless to say I will not be flying that route in a hurry again, I only did it to dodge the East Coast snow risk that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JamieKennedy

am flying with delta next month from DUB-ATL-MCO and their flight fare are very cheap but anyway i know am flying in 767 which dont have AVOD but overhead tv and am hoping they make switch at last min due to some issue i hope cos it pretty long travel but on way back we fly from mco-Jfk-DUB and that plane have AVOD so it handy

on way back we fly from mco-Jfk-DUB and that plane the plane currently scheduled for our flight has AVOD so it handy

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JamieKennedy

thank my bad

what is Atlanta airport like? I used to always from from ORD. I know they trade places as being the busiest airports in the US. I heard free WIFI is on the way, not sure if that happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    what is Atlanta airport like? I used to always from from ORD. I know they trade places as being the busiest airports in the US. I heard free WIFI is on the way, not sure if that happened yet.

Its a good airport. Lots of food choices and is a breeze to get around and between terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Its a good airport. Lots of food choices and is a breeze to get around and between terminals.

It's absolutely massive but works very well.

If you're ever stuck there for a few hours, go here: SweetWater Draft House & Grill. Sample some of Atlanta's finest beverages.

As to Hartsfield being the busiest in the world - it is. And has been for 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Absolute breeze of an airport to navigate your way thru. It is indeed the worlds busiest. People are often surprised to hear that, given how easy and hassle free it is to travel thru. It is very, very well designed and laid out so that you only ever to see the parts of it that you are actually traveling thru, unlike the likes of JFK or Heathrow where you have to walk for a year and half to get anywhere. The train that takes you from Concourse to Concourse takes a lot of the hassle out of it all.

• Advertisement

sounds like it easily trumps ORD and in particular, International terminal 5. what a hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bridget84

The plane train is great. It saves a lot of hassle and rushing around. The airport is well laid out and signed everywhere.
    Plus the security gates are extremely fast to go through and the staff from the security to the ground crew are very polite, friendly and helpful.
    It took me 30 minutes to check in my bag and arrive at my gate and that included having to go through security and getting the train through 6 concourses!
    The most stress free experience I have ever had at an airport, very impressive considering it is one of the busiest in the world.

Traveled with Delta from MCO to DUB via ATL last Wednesday and I can say without hesitation that ATL was the easiest airport I have ever navigated. When we were traveling out in July we arrived into the international terminal and I commented to my missus saying 'I thought this was the busiest airport in the world', there was hardly anyone in the terminal. But when we got to the other terminal for the connecting flight I could not believe my eyes there were literally tens of thousands of people there.

Well signposted throughout and only 20 minutes from arriving gate to domestic gate thanks to the underground train that connects all the terminals. Will definitely be looking on traveling through there again, but that depends of course on the price of our flights next time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 pico84

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows what entertainment system is now on Delta flights. Last time we went with them it was overhead tvs to Atlanta and then seatback for our onward connection. Thanks.

Last time i was on one it a couple of years ago it was a overhead shocking to say the least!

pico84 wrote: »
    Last time i was on one it a couple of years ago it was a overhead shocking to say the least!

When we came home last Thursday we had the seat back touch screen TV's. I think it all depends on the type of plane you are on. If it's a Boeing 767 you will be looking at the overheads, if it is the newer Airbus you will have the touch screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

75% of Delta 767s now have seat-back entertainment. The rest will be refitted in the next 12 months, so even if an updated plane is scheduled it's essentially lucky dip until the refits are completed.

TingTong wrote: »
    When we came home last Thursday we had the seat back touch screen TV's. I think it all depends on the type of plane you are on. If it's a Boeing 767 you will probably be looking at the overheads, if it is the newer Airbus you will most likely have the touch screens.

FYP too. There isn't uniformity, not all planes of a type in the fleet have the same type of entertainment. Until the retrofit is complete it's best to assume it's overhead and be pleasantly surprised if it's not.

Just back from my trip with Delta, went BMI->ATL->DUB. We had a "monster tailwind" and ended up touching down in Dublin at around 6:40am on the 24th of this month! :) Both legs had personal screens (B767 300ER) with a massive amount of selection, games, tv shows, new release films. Hundreds of stuff. I had it easy around ATL and found that they had a French Meadows Bakery at the F Concourse (yummy gluten free options!). Sorry for the bump but thought I would post my experiences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement