Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Anne's parkrun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Reminder for St Anne's parkrun birthday event this Saturday morning. The Lord Mayor of Dublin, Christy Burke will be starting the run and also presenting prizes to some well-deserving volunteers and runners based on the last year's parkrun. We'll be kicking things off a little early so be there for 9:15. Keep an eye on the Facebook page for more details.

Be there or be in Berlin..... there is no middle ground on this one!

Killerz

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Well done to the team for a great birthday bash this morning and a great first year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

It was really great fun today. Thanks so much to the St Anne's team. I loved the inspirational signs. And I think all the cheering for me at the end discouraged the man on my shoulder and let me get in ahead of him :)
    Well done to everyone who volunteered today and thanks to Tir na nOg cafe for the scones.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭edisonolmy

Thoroughly enjoyed my first run at St Anne's on Saturday, and it was god to be part of the birthday celebrations. I also took advantage of the 20-minute pacemaker to run a PB. Very well organised and a great course too.

edisonolmy wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed my first run at St Anne's on Saturday, and it was god to be part of the birthday celebrations. I also took advantage of the 20-minute pacemaker to run a PB. Very well organised and a great course too.

Glad you enjoyed it, come back soon!

• Advertisement

Can't believe it has been a year since I posted in this thread!

Anyhow, St. Anne's parkrun will be celebrating our second birthday on Saturday 26th September. We'll be doing our annual prizegiving on the day, have special guests in attendance and following the run, we will adjourn to Olives Room cafe for some tasty goodies.

All participants welcome, more news/ updates to be posted here as the day approaches.

See you then,
    JK

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Congrats to you and all at St. Annes , wont make the celebrations as I'll be in spain but fully intend to join you sometime in Oct , I'm training hard to get that coveted #98 position :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭edisonolmy

Same day as I make my run director debut at Stormont. Really enjoyed being part of last year's birthday celebrations. Ran under 20 mins for first time that day, with the help of excellent pacers. Will be back some day, to have a go at 19...

Amigaman wrote: »
    Congrats to you and all at St. Annes , wont make the celebrations as I'll be in spain but fully intend to join you sometime in Oct , I'm training hard to get that coveted #98 position :-)
    edisonolmy wrote: »
    Same day as I make my run director debut at Stormont. Really enjoyed being part of last year's birthday celebrations. Ran under 20 mins for first time that day, with the help of excellent pacers. Will be back some day, to have a go at 19...

Thanks guys - shame you can't attend, but will catch you back at St. Anne's again soon.

Best of luck with the Stormont event, edisonolmy!

Bump up for this - Saturday morning from 9:15am - St. Anne's parkrun second birthday. Hopefully see you there.

Killerz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Killerz wrote: »
    Bump up for this - Saturday morning from 9:15am - St. Anne's parkrun second birthday. Hopefully see you there.

Killerz

Raging I am missing this, the young lad is playing a match out in Maynooth. In the Dublin football league maynooth...:mad: anywhere closer and I would have made both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Happy Birthday to all in St Anne's, and good luck tomorrow. I had hoped to be able to volunteer, but life scuppered that little plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Killerz

Best of luck with everything J!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Congrats on 2 years! Looking forward to being there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I've missed the last few weeks but should be good for tomorrow .. weather and numbers should be good :)

Dub13 wrote: »
    Raging I am missing this, the young lad is playing a match out in Maynooth. In the Dublin football league maynooth...:mad: anywhere closer and I would have made both.

But Maynooth isnt in Dublin - something amiss here ..... :D
    Happy Birthday to all in St Anne's, and good luck tomorrow. I had hoped to be able to volunteer, but life scuppered that little plan!

Thanks, next time!
    belcarra wrote: »
    Best of luck with everything J!

Cheers - and best wishes for Berlin!
    annapr wrote: »
    Congrats on 2 years! Looking forward to being there tomorrow.

Thank you Anna, look forward to having you on board tomorrow.
    Mike1961 wrote: »
    I've missed the last few weeks but should be good for tomorrow .. weather and numbers should be good :)

Great stuff Mike, see you tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Great morning in Anne's. Well done Killerz and the crew:)

Well done this morning Killerz and team... beautiful morning for it and great to celebrate two years!!

Thanks Paddy and Anna - great day had by all! Thanks for supporting us!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Hi

Thinking about running St Anne's...is there a safe area to lock my bike????

Thanks
    Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yes there is, right by the start area where there are always plenty of volunteers, onlookers, and other bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Murph_D wrote:
    Yes there is, right by the start area where there are always plenty of volunteers, onlookers, and other bikes.

Thanks Murph_D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well done to all the volunteers and pacers today. What a beautiful morning for a timed run. :)

Yes, nice mild day for it! Plenty of hungover heads down there today (including my own, still recovering from Thursday night!) but a few PBs scored all the same. Good boards contingent onsite too.

We're back on again on Stephens day at 930, see you then!

Happy Christmas to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Well done organiser (Killerz?), I was out in the park this morning with my young fell and the dogs cheering you on. Some seriously fast fit people running. Very impressive, great to see.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Well done organiser (Killerz?), I was out in the park this morning with my young fell and the dogs cheering you on. Some seriously fast fit people running. Very impressive, great to see.

Thank you Mr Rambo! 207 runners, and 21 PBs was very impressive indeed - even more so when you consider the time of year! Thanks to all the runners and volunteers for a great run today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

We're back on again on Stephens day at 930, see you then!

Happy Christmas to all!

Should make it down myself on Saturday, probably sporting a decent Hangover also. Still no better way to get rid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Should make it down myself on Saturday, probably sporting a decent Hangover also. Still no better way to get rid...

Is there a park run on St Stephens day?
    never done before but this would suit if its on?

• Advertisement

Zipppy wrote: »
    Is there a park run on St Stephens day?
    never done before but this would suit if its on?

Yes, St Anne's is on Stephen's day.

Advertisement