Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping and Sports

Options
  • 28-07-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

So I have searched and didn't find this topic

Sports!

How does vaping compare to analogues when it comes to sport?

Is this a good alternative to those who would have been smokers, took up the vape and improved/didn't improve performance wise due to tight lungs/ forced inactivity from smoking (or vaping?)

Am trying to find out in cycling for example would vaping help one improve or keep them at a restricted level? Is there vaping in the semi pro/pro peloton for example

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

ghogie91 wrote: »
    How does vaping compare to analogues when it comes to sport?

No more pressure in the lungs. There's a temporary build-up of PG/VG that'll coat your airways so don't vape for a half-hour beforehand and you shouldn't feel much if any resistance.

It won't make you any better than a non-smoker though, and I have no idea what peloton is. Something cycle-y I gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

grindle wrote: »
    No more pressure in the lungs. There's a temporary build-up of PG/VG that'll coat your airways so don't vape for a half-hour beforehand and you shouldn't feel much if any resistance.

It won't make you any better than a non-smoker though, and I have no idea what peloton is. Something cycle-y I gather.

Ah I see just would nearly put ex smokers back in the same playing field as the non smokers!

Peloton is the big group of cyclists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

I took up cycling after I quit the analogues. Definitely couldn't take on the hills and the 60km lone cycles I do now when I was smoking. As for the pro-peloton ? No Idea ? Vaping in my experience would make a massive improvement in performance over smoking.

Advertisement