Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM communication lost

Options
  • 28-07-2013 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me here.
    I installed a hkc sw 1070 2 years back all working perfect.
    Today I fitted the hkc gsm unit. Everything was going fine programming going perfect until i requested it to send a test text message to all users.
    The text never came, so i tried to set alarm by sending text to panel. I received a text back saying "panel communication failed" it had the correct date,time and premises name on the text.
    I tried to go back into system (sp1 menu) and where it used to say gsm unit it now says unknown. When i press yes to use sp1 it says please wait for about 1 minute the asks if i want to remove device.
    It seems the panel is no longer communicating with gsm unit.
    I have checked all connections and transferred the card to sp2 on main panel, still no luck.
    Does anyone have any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Check that you have the correct Remote user code in both the panel and GSM unit. This can stop the communications between the panel and GSM unit. Check the Communication cards and look at the in & out comms Leds. they should be flashing very fast when comms is good. Power down the GSM unit and back up can reset the comms too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Which GSM did you install?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Did you install the plug on GSM Q ?
    If so you will need to update your panel software as version 3 is required by the gsm unit . This is stated on the Box .

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

+1 on version 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Its a gsm-p. I have already powered down the unit. After when i tried to arm through text it said communication with panel failed but the date and time had reset.

• Advertisement

I cut the power to gsm unit and it did reset ok. I was able to go through settings on keypad. It comes up as MF Modem.
    However same again when i ask it to send test text to all user it says downloading gsm data then its all gone again. The in and out led stop flashing and to get them going again ive to cut power again.
    This time after resetting again the panel prompted that panel code and gsm code were different. When i changed gsm code to suit panel it disappeared again (as in i cant find the gsm unit in sp equipment menu).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

beanie10 wrote: »
    I cut the power to gsm unit and it did reset ok. I was able to go through settings on keypad. It comes up as MF Modem.
    However same again when i ask it to send test text to all user it says downloading gsm data then its all gone again. The in and out led stop flashing and to get them going again ive to cut power again.
    This time after resetting again the panel prompted that panel code and gsm code were different. When i changed gsm code to suit panel it disappeared again (as in i cant find the gsm unit in sp equipment menu).

That would be the remote user code 1111 it is looking for. I would advise getting the control panel flashed with the latest software.

Think I have it solved. I needed to add credit to ready to go sim card.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's a common one. I advise people to set up reminders at 6 month intervals on there phone to prevent this from happening.
    Glad you got it sorted.

new sim card I assumed €10 credit was on it. HKC tech set me in right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

beanie10 wrote: »
    HKC tech set me in right direction.

Glad you got all sorted Beanie. Are you an Installer?
    I thought HKC only supported installers.
    Stephen868 wrote: »

HKC does not deal with end users directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

;) glad they helped you out , good crowd to deal with .

Evolution1 wrote: »

Woosh....!!!!
    :eek:That was one quick u-turn:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evolution1 wrote: »

Have to agree Evolution1, I find them very helpful :)

Advertisement