Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbors Noisy House Alarm

• 28-07-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭

I bought a house last year and one of the things I noticed about the road was the amount of house alarms that would be going off at all times. I have gotten used to this... however it seems one of the neighbours (mid 50s sharing house with similar female) thinks its ok to get up at 8 in the morning, weekends included, open her window, thus setting her alarm off she then opens the rest of her upstairs windows taking about 2 minutes and then goes down to turn her alarm off. As I work a shift roster my sleep is vital to me, one of the shift weeks goes nights to lates and my rest period is between a Sunday on call till 08.00 the following morning then in at 13.30 on the Monday. This woman is basically setting my week off to a bad start...I do be tired enough as it is without being woken up mid sleep and I end up trying to catch up on sleep through out the week. I would appreciate anyones advice, solutions or previous experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Legally google nuisance.

First step anyone is going to suggest is; have you spoken to your neighbour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

No have nt spoke to her, don't really want to be the one to say it either as I'm only new. Other neighbours (including shift workers) have complained to me about it and have agreed it's a nuisance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

I'm not looking to take the legal route I just want know where I stand in regards to laws...if there is any at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

The_Mask wrote: »
    No have nt spoke to her, don't really want to be the one to say it either as I'm only new. Other neighbours (including shift workers) have complained to me about it and have agreed it's a nuisance.

I just want to use one of the rolleyes emoticons but they annoy me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 alarmireland

Well as per my experience you must discuss with your neighbors and that is the normal issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

The_Mask wrote: »
    Other neighbours (including shift workers) have complained to me about it and have agreed it's a nuisance.
    Why would they complain to you?

Advertisement