Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a decent resturant in Carlingford please

Options
  • 28-07-2013 5:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi there,

The missus and I are up in carlingford Co.Louth for the weekend. We ate at the kingfisher on Friday night which was good. Yesterday we ate at Ghan house and it was disgusting.

Can anyone recommend somewhere decent (if any) or should we head towards Dundalk or newry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Fitzpatricks on the Carlingford Road into Dundalk is always good.

Is plenty of other places worth checking out in Carlingford Village. PJ O`Haras pub is always good I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Magees for a steak.

no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Only ever been to Fitzpatrick's but I really enjoyed that.

Heard great things about the The Oystercatcher and The Bay Tree wins many 'Best in Louth' awards. Can't speak personally of either though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭MagnusDamm

We went to magees. Really nice. Not much quality in carlingford I'm disappointed to report!

Advertisement