Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where for puncture repair in Greystones or surrounding areas?

Options
  • 28-07-2013 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

Didn't spot any nails in my tyre but was flat this morning. Where's best for puncture repair?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Little servo in Delgany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Ditto for me, must see if I can spot where it's punctured, hopefully not the side wall - have heard a couple of other people getting punctures. Probably only noticing it because I got one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

McHire in the yard behind the vets at the entrance of Applewood Heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

astrofluff wrote: »
    Didn't spot any nails in my tyre but was flat this morning. Where's best for puncture repair?
    Davis Brothers behind Greystones Wines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thanks for all the replies - I had a better look at the tyre and it looks like the inner shoulder is damaged. And thinking back to when I was last in the car and where I went, It may have well been those 'cushion' ramps on Bellevue Road. Between that and a new bearing in the last few months, I think WCC will be getting a bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A bit further away, but there's a place in Bray that was recommended to me. You drive into a square with shops around it, beside where Chadwicks used to be, across the road from Superquinn.

Its a tyre depot. I went in recently with a punctured wheel; it turned out the valve was knackered. They took off the tyre, fitted a new valve, put sealant on the rim, and put the wheel on the balancing jig and started adding weights to the rim to balance the wheel. I was getting worried because I hadn't asked for any of the extras, but I needn't have, cos the bill came to €5.

I felt guilty afterwards that I didnt pay more, so I'll get my tyres there next time and give him a tip for the excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I think WCC will be getting a bill.

Don't waste your time and effort. The Councils have - I forget the latin term - a right, basically, to be incompetent.

For you to make a successful claim you'd need to be able to prove that another person's car was damaged in the same spot and had reported it to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Thanks for all the replies - I had a better look at the tyre and it looks like the inner shoulder is damaged. And thinking back to when I was last in the car and where I went, It may have well been those 'cushion' ramps on Bellevue Road. Between that and a new bearing in the last few months, I think WCC will be getting a bill.

Just do what we all do and drive between those darned things

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Maudi wrote: »

I heard or read somewhere that those ramps are coming out due to safety concerns. As Maudi said, most people are driving up the middle of the road which one day will end up in a head on.

They can't put proper ramps down due to the buses that use that road and the longer or wider ramps are useless at slowing down cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Maudi wrote: »

Janey! Now you've done it.. High horses and smart asses being saddled all over the place! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

smcgiff wrote: »
    Don't waste your time and effort. The Councils have - I forget the latin term - a right, basically, to be incompetent.

For you to make a successful claim you'd need to be able to prove that another person's car was damaged in the same spot and had reported it to the council.

I hear what you're saying smcgiff, in this case Councillor Stokes has be beating the drum at the town council meetings about these ramps. If I had the time and energy I would get copies of the minutes to show it is already known to the council that they were causing damage to vehicles as well as being a safety concern as well. Res ipsa loquitur!

Advertisement