Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Swords Plaza no longer foc

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It seems harsh that Pay & Display in Swords applies in the evenings and on Sundays/bank holidays. In places like Malahide it doesn't, probably because the local businesses fought against it.

Is that just not the Plaza? Main Street parking is free after 6 and on Sundays?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Stheno wrote: »
    Is that just not the Plaza? Main Street parking is free after 6 and on Sundays?

Yes, that's right.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I think they have space in the underground car park - there's a section that's barriered off when you go and I always presumed it was for the residents.

Na that is for the business above wrights (when DHL was there, it was the Manager's carpark)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Head, his name was, charged €3 per hour or part thereof, but parking was free in his section to patrons of the Town Centre Mall.

Head's a good lad, from around my way, I would say he is out of a job now with all of this parking fiasco... :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I was actually disgusted at this system this evening, I'm used to pay and display in the city which operates on a fifteen minutes basis.

I've a job interview in the morning and due to appalling service in another hairdressers, made a last minute appointments in Peter Marks (who were good enough to accomodate me, and I was so pleased, I'm going back)

Got the the plaza, and tried to pay for 90 minutes.

They only do parking per hour!

What a rip off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

if you drive just past the back of the bank of Ireland onto the road where the church is there is street parking there. minimum fee is 20c which gets you about 10 to 15 mins. So you can put in enough for a specific amount of time rather than per hour.

It's not that much of a walk up to the plaza from there. bit of a pain though when it's raining.

there seems to be always plenty of places to park on that street nowadays. And of course i believe it's free after 7pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

It really is crazy. I have stopped shopping in the area since then. Good idea but badly implemented. Just drop the charge to 20c OR free for 15 minutes without a ticket.

Advertisement