Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay next sunday in or around Galway city

Options
  • 28-07-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Anyone any recomendations for somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay next sunday in or around Galway city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Anyone any recomendations for somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay next sunday in or around Galway city

By next Sunday, you mean...?

If it's the bank holiday you might be clean out of luck. It's the last day of the races on Sunday everywhere will still be booked out.

I'd say the problem will more likely finding anywhere at all, nevermind it being either cheap or cheerful. :(

You might get lucky with one of the hotels in Claregalway, but I wouldn't count on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

There are rooms available on booking.com, very few are city centre and they are expensive for what they are, a bank holiday weekend and the races is not a time to look for anything cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tent in Eyre Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

There are rooms available on booking.com, very few are city centre and they are expensive for what they are, a bank holiday weekend and the races is not a time to look for anything cheap!!

perfect, got a guest house down Slathill way.... €100 for the 3 of us so happy out with that. Would the races still be rocking on a sunday. I always thought the Tuesday -Thursday were the big days.

Also, any suggestion for good grub on the sunday night. We veggie on board so somewhere that would cater for their needs

• Advertisement
Advertisement