Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage application

Options
  • 28-07-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I just started a second part time job to increase my income so I can get a mortgage approved.
    My question is: Is it true that you have to wait 6 months in new job before applying for mortgage? (I was told this by a bank manager) Or is it flexible, depending on banks? Worth trying after 4 months ?

I assume it doesn't matter holding down 2 different part time jobs as opposed to 1, in terms of mortgage application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thefox1982

It would look a lot better if you had one full time job instead of a part time job. They are seen as a more of a temp job.

Most banks would want to see you workin there for at least 6 months and having passed your probation period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

My wife is permanent in a public sector job. I work in the public sector too although I'm not permanent. We also have substantial savings and no loans. No bank would entertain us for a mortgage. Ulster bank said they wouldn't even bother sending up the application form to head office.

Based on that, you haven't a hope in hell of getting a mortgage regardless of how many part time jobs you have. Sorry to break the bad news!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

rainbows7 wrote: »
    I just started a second part time job to increase my income so I can get a mortgage approved.
    My question is: Is it true that you have to wait 6 months in new job before applying for mortgage? (I was told this by a bank manager) Or is it flexible, depending on banks? Worth trying after 4 months ?

I assume it doesn't matter holding down 2 different part time jobs as opposed to 1, in terms of mortgage application?

My OH works in Public sector, I work part time, got approved via broker through AIB for over 155000 just two months ago, have since drawn down mortgage...however n job minimum 6 months before id apply if i was you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

2mature wrote: »
    My OH works in Public sector, I work part time, got approved via broker through AIB for over 155000 just two months ago, have since drawn down mortgage...however n job minimum 6 months before id apply if i was you

Wow!! You were lucky. As I said above AIB woudn't entertain us at all. That was only 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Hi The Body,

It would seem so...as applicants my OH had just been made permanent aswell but we had an excellent broker (killers 1 on boards). I have read about people who seemed much better applicants getting refused.

However a big plus for us was being able to save regularly for over a year and showing a repayment capacity well in excess of our mortgage amount

• Advertisement
Advertisement