Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Lines in Anime

Options
  • 28-07-2013 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

So, thought I'd start this. Anyone got any great lines from an anime, epic or lol-worthy?
    To start things off, I'd have to go with this one, from Oreimo Season 1, Episode 14
    Kuroneko - "If they say that my masturbation material is boring, then I'll just have to show them masturbation like they've never seen before!"
    (To clarify, she wants to write a hentai visual novel, but her works never sell, but once I read that line, I simply could not breath for about ten minutes, I was laughing that hard)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

All the lines from the above devilman,the ones that stand out for me though are

Akira"Is ok for me to wear my shoes in here"
    RYO "I Don't give a ****"

RYO "****ing eh,run for it"
    RYO "Suck on this" :D
    RYO "That's finished the ****er" :D

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

I think you left out a bracket at the end of the first YOUTUBE there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

"This is definitely not a common spell"

Or with proper incantations

And of course if your up against the lord you called on before what to do? Why call on a yet even more powerful lord of course :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 glorious_chin

Has to be
    "I'll take a potato chip.... AND EAT IT!"
    -Deatnote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Genevaman

Anything by Ladd Russo from Baccano! is solid gold. One of the best villains I've seen dialogue wise. I think it's the juxtaposition of how brutal the things he says are and how cheerfully enthusiastic he is when he actually says them. Choice cuts would have to include:

"You're just like all the other mobsters I've killed. They all think something special's gonna protect 'em! C'mon! Put up ya dukes! You think you're Pete Hammond?!"

"Ya wanna know my favourite kind of people to kill? The ones that really get me jazzed? Never see it comin'. Death's the farthest thing from their minds. Maybe they're wonderin' what they're gonna have for dinner. Just like you were, uncle, before I walked into this room."

...and of course...

"You people are all the same. You think you're so smart! Oh yeah! With all of our money and our guns there's no way anyone can stop us! We are unbeatable and unstoppable! We are so strong with all our money and our guns! Oh, you are my absolute favourite kind of people to kill! You are so beautifully amazed when you die! Especially when I squish your brains between my fingers like I'm makin' sausage!"

Horrifyingly brutal but super satisfying when it's another bad guy on the other end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

"Who are you? Tell me!"

[..pause for effect..] "Vicious."

Never has introducing yourself been so spine-tingling.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Definitely not the best but its the first thing that came to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Nearly anything Stein's Gate could work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Not a line exactly, but one of the best scenes in GTO :D

Advertisement