Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corcaigh Shores

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I just saw it..Oh my good lord!

I know its just meant to be a bit of fun but I think they actually disgraced themselves, it was embarrassing to watch I couldn't stop cringing!

All I kept thinking was about future employers googling their names and finding that - Good luck to any of them hoping to ever get a serious job cause they'd be lucky to after the way they carried on for that video.

As well as that, imagine your mam scrolling through facebook and finding that?! The shame of it, if my parents saw me behaving like that online I'd be so ashamed of myself.

This is gonna follow them around forever, people aren't going to forget about this..Can't help but feel they're going to regret it, the backlash of people taking the piss out of them started before the video was even released!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i know its a mockumentry of Jersey shore but it just sounded so scripted to me,

there was no natural flow at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Lasted about 45 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I know its meant to be a bit of a laugh but honestly couldn't watch it. Cringeworthy stuff, whichever one of them thought up this idea should get a kick in the bollox off the rest of um .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I know its meant to be a bit of a laugh but honestly couldn't watch it. Cringeworthy stuff, whichever one of them thought up this idea should get a kick in the bollox off the rest of um .

It's a promoter for nightclubs that thought it up, it's supposed to be cringey, that's the point....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Like all those shows its thje cringe factor that usually brings punters back for more.

While its a complete piss take its still something I wouldnt have any time for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

This could be more damaging to Cork than the floods of 09'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

They could at least have gotten a boom mic. Can't hear sh­it beyond the echo sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

I weep for my city :(

Make them go away. I couldnt stop cringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

mad as hell nice one lads keep it real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    This is gonna follow them around forever, people aren't going to forget about this..
    Ah now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Christ on a bike, that was hard to watch. What is wrong with these people?!!!!!!! Don't they have any semblance of what's tasteful and what's not?! They appear to have a collective IQ of about 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

"This Is Spinal Tap" was a REAL mockumentary...'Corcaigh Shore' isn't... it's just a piss-poor effort to mimic the trashy tone of Jersey and Geordie Shore...let them have their fifteen minutes of lame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Prendiville is talking about it, he said all those complaining about it are probably too old for this kind of thing, :D

My brother is 20 he said he thought it was terrible, to which my 16 year old sister said "amen"

all his and her friends liked their comments so can i assume its not an age related thing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Concept was good but it seemed more like a copy than a mockumentary.
    Hard to know if that is a director error or the fact of the cast not coming across as funny. Bit of both i imagine.
    Some of the camera work was good, Overall the audio was dire.

Easy and maybe a tad unfair to criticise but it surely would not be that hard to do a piss take of such shows as geordie shore.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Concept was good

I wouldn't even say that. What good is a mockumentary without even the slightest hint of irony. The whole thing is just weak from start to finish IMO.

Okay, a Cork flavoured skit could be very funny but if I was involved with this, I'd have walked away before too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Some of the camera work was good, Overall the audio was dire.

Audo=brutal
    Camera work was chronic at times. Even some of the 'confession cam' shots were out of focus. And when they were outside at the table it was completely bleached out.
    Interesting that comments and ratings are disabled on the video. I think they knew they kind of reponse this kind of sh1te would get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It was a 10 minute bit of fun on youtube guys. Massive overreaction to it imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Prendiville is talking about it, he said all those complaining about it are probably too old for this kind of thing, :D

hmm, using that wánker is hardly a gauge for good taste. Otherwise we'd all be snapping one off on planes.

Corcaigh shore is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. It's being talked about and bringing attention to Captain America's and MyHouse. It's gotten 125,000 views, that's unbelievable for a Cork skit. I know the guy who made it and one of the girls in it, nice people and it's all a bit of a laugh. I don't see why people get so serious about it. People are always gonna take the mick out of this sort of thing. We're from Cork, it's pretty much expected that anything done will have the piss ripped out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

People are always gonna take the mick out of this sort of thing.

I wasn't a fan of Sminky Shorts, which of course was very successful. I don't enjoy the humour but it did have some genuine humour and insight to it.

This, on the other hand, is absolute rubber. Even the actors appeared to be squirming at times. It's one odd promotional video if that's what it's supposed to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

perfect example of the initial idea being stronger than the actual execution....

and the initial idea was pretty weak from the start!

It's gotten 125,000 views, that's unbelievable for a Cork skit.

How many of those would have given it a thumbs down I wonder? I can't imagine anyone would be dying to go to Captain America's after seeing that video, even if it is a piss-take. I'm not from Cork but live here and I feel that this video does nothing to promote Cork or Cork people in a positive light.
    I would hope that most viewers will realise that not all Cork heads act like that.

mordeith wrote: »
    I would hope that most viewers will realise that not all Cork heads act like that.

Do you look at Geordie shore an think that's how everyone from Yorkshire act?

And the salient point here is they are ACTING.

People are choosing the stupidest thing to get pissed off about. Some people act the eejit on camera, let's talk about how it'll make their lives sh1t. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I don't, but that's mainly because Newcastle isn't in Yorkshire :D

I don't, but that's mainly because Newcastle isn't in Yorkshire :D

God damn, I was walking around thinking what I got wrong :o

People are choosing the stupidest thing to get pissed off about. Some people act the eejit on camera, let's talk about how it'll make their lives sh1t. :rolleyes:

I don't look at Geordie Shore :P.
    My point was that the creator of the piece has said that he he 'wanted to shine a good light on Cork' (Cork Independent).
    I don't believe he's achieved that.
    You are a a generous person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I used to work with your man Cain.. The biggest tool you will ever meet.

That just made me cringe big time. And I thought the hills were bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Not bad, dunnes cola and bavaria a nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

My eyes hurt after watching that

Advertisement