Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dissapearing Act

• 28-07-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Now as ****ing crazy and all as this might sound, how does one do the disappearing act, without leaving a trace of themselves, now I'm not taking about pretending to kill oneself as i think that is illegal in ireland.

Im taking about just disappearing without a trace.

Supposing one had financial security, a job; and a roof over there head in the place they were going. What are the legal implication or are there any ? supposing one was mid twenties, and lets say you made contact once upon arrival in your destination, I'm assuming that would negate missing persons report in ireland as you would have had left the country before you had supposedly went missing? would there be a missing persons report made with interpol?

would there be a mass ****ing media outcry about where has this person gone.

Please don't ****ing ask me why i would want to do this but I've just had about as much as i can take of bull**** right now.

Would shut a few people up if i did leave.

"when the time comes to leave, sometimes its better to leave and don't make a fuss"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

locotoro wrote: »
    "when the time comes to leave, sometimes its better to leave and don't make a fuss"

He says while posting on an internet forum :p

As far as I know if you are to make it known you've left and arrived somewhere as you suggested in your post then its simply a case of living your life elsewhere and under the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd presume that there would be none provided that the person 'disappearing' had no outstanding debts and/or contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 locotoro

timmy leaving while making a fuss in my opinion would be to call everyone the greatest shower of **** that ever walked the face of this earth and then leave. I'm just on here to figure out how to do it the quietest way !

no i have no debts or contracts,

would the guards not just be able to check the airlines to see which flight you hopped on so they'd have an idea of where you went ?

• Advertisement

would the guards not just be able to check the airlines to see which flight you hopped on so they'd have an idea of where you went ?

why would they want to find you though>

supposing my family, kicked up a fuss about where i am ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well if a missing person's report was filed I'd imagine that would be one of the first places they's look to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

timmy leaving while making a fuss in my opinion would be to call everyone the greatest shower of **** that ever walked the face of this earth and then leave. I'm just on here to figure out how to do it the quietest way !

There are quieter ways than this. And it's not normally illegal to leave the country. Many people do it.

Are you letting them know that youre slipping under the radar or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That would be their business.

Have you thought about going into Black Ops? They'll sort you out.

;)

If you don't want to be here, or have contact with anybody who is, then go. Close all your accounts, and change your name. Simple.

I think i will become a spy and go in to espionage it would suit me down to the ground really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think i will become a spy and go in to espionage it would suit me down to the ground really

Good plan. Not much point becoming a spy and going into haberdashery.

timmy c nope im not !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Michael Lynn is it?

mustard who the hell is michael lynn ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Provided you're an adult, and as you say you have no outstanding debts/warrants/contracts etc., the easiest way would be to catch a flight to point C, stopping off at point B along the way to send them a postcard saying you're gone - that would stop them going frantic.

Out of niceness, no matter what you think they've done, it would be good to send a letter/card to them from time to time to let them know you're OK. If you want to be very nice, set up an email account that they may use to contact you in case of emergency (but let them know you'll only check it once a week or so).

If you haven't committed a crime, the police would only look for you for the sake of your family, and to ensure that you haven't been murdered. If they did track you down to your new place, they could just report back that you were alive and well.

As much as they may annoy you at the moment, I think one of the worst things someone can do is to just walk out and have the people left behind never know if they're dead or alive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The best way to disappear legally is to hire a charter flight and move to Antarctica. They have limited population controls, no CCTV and no police force.

Living might be difficult, but if you want it bad enough there is your answer.

That or living in a boat in international waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You can't disappear. There are just way too many metrics in place that will make tracking you down too easy.

Whatever you have done, just confess and you will get a more lenient sentence as a result. If you try and disappear, it's going to take years of planning. You might as well spend those years in a jail cell where you're guaranteed food and water. Fugitives lead a lonely life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

mustard who the hell is michael lynn ?
    It's difficult to believe that people do not know of Michael Lynn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Better call Saul.

Sounds like "...you need a new dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract Pressure Pro Model 60".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Change your name by deed poll and tell no one, cancel any bank account or contract with your old name attached, boat to Hollyhead and flight from Manchester/Liverpool to anywhere you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

You can't disappear. There are just way too many metrics in place that will make tracking you down too easy.

Whatever you have done, just confess and you will get a more lenient sentence as a result. If you try and disappear, it's going to take years of planning. You might as well spend those years in a jail cell where you're guaranteed food and water. Fugitives lead a lonely life.

I suspect this is more of a "nobody understands my suffering" kind of dissappear rather than a "the peelers are after me" type scenario.

Advertisement