Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peru / Bolivia trip - preparations??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Bolivia's tougher to make your way, but there are real pay-offs. It's a developing country, so you have to improvise more and be a bit more careful. It can be a challenge at first, but you work it out. I enjoyed the adventure that way.

Getting to Arequipa, having entered Peru via Puno, felt bizarrely like South Africa at times because some better-off areas seemed so sanitised. I never even felt that in Argentina.

I'm told it's typical of Aymara culture to not be so gregarious (that's coming from centuries of indigenous culture and historical experience), but I wouldn't call it unfriendliness. But I agree, Peru by comparison is more 'touristy' that way.

Advertisement