Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursery furniture?

Options
  • 28-07-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any decent sales on nursery furniture sets? I missed the argos one that finished Friday - went on Friday evening to place order and the new catalogue was just 'being unwrapped!'- total bummer, but my own full or leaving it until last minute!
    Not looking to spend a Wild fortune - looking at maybe €500 -€700 max for cot, wardrobe and changing unit/drawers.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We got ours in Ikea. A lot of the nursery sets in baby shops looked pretty flimsy and were quite expensive. We use a changing mat on top of a chest of drawers, a small wall cupboard and storage boxes under the cot and have plenty of room. Everything, apart from the cot, obviously, which can be a toddler bed, can be transferred to non baby use in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Have you tried Ikea?

I only bought a cot in Ikea, but it is extremely sturdy and I'm very happy with the quality of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Another vote here for Ikea - we got everything there. Quality is not bad for the price and we had it all after an hour shopping. We also got it delivered which was handy.

I bought a cot (that turns into a toddler bed) mattress, changing table, nursing chair and foot stool. If you bought what you needed there it would come in well under your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

My friend was just saying last week how she spent a fortune on Mamas & Papa's furniture and that the quality was terrible. Drawer bottoms falling out, handles falling off etc. Just a review to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Ikea here too. We got the cheapest change table and the cot that turns into a toddler bed. I'm very happy with the quality of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Another vote for ikea. Got a cot, matress, shelves, chest of drawers that will do as a changing table, storage trunk (which will double as a seat with cushions on it). Think we spent about E300 in total although we had a voucher for E30 off (also bought some muslins an couple extra things included in that total).

We spent yesterday making up the furniture and was amazed at the quality of it. I'm due in another 4 weeks, so I guess a baby will be the true test.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3774319.htm

Since I started looking at baby things the above set has gone on sale once a month for about 350 Euro, worth keeping an eye on, (to be honest today is the first time i've seen it for over 350...)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

Since I started looking at baby things the above set has gone on sale once a month for about 350 Euro, worth keeping an eye on, (to be honest today is the first time i've seen it for over 350...)

Hi there, yes I missed the argos sale and its gone back up to full price now - Dont know if its going to go back down again because they've just launched the new catalogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Currently using my ikea furniture in its fifth year.

miss_daisy wrote: »
    Hi there, yes I missed the argos sale and its gone back up to full price now - Dont know if its going to go back down again because they've just launched the new catalogue?

Have a read of the reviews, that goes on sale very often, most people that got it, got it on sale...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

Have a read of the reviews, that goes on sale very often, most people that got it, got it on sale...

Ok I'll have a look at the reviews now.
    Not in massive hurry but still if like tk have something organised! Thanks again

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is a shop in newry that does some nice stuff.
    babyztore it is called and it is worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 haveyoumetted?

That Argos sale for the nursery furniture is back on if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ikea all the way - got a cot there last week for €30. They have changing tables, storage, everything, and all great quality.

Not furniture, but we're getting our buggy this weekend and said we'd check if smiths had it, and they do

Baby Elegance Beep Twist travel system, car seat, pram etc is now 299 until December in most Smiths stores... I#m getting mine later...

in lime green! What a fun colour!

Advertisement