Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironam Nice 2014

Options
  • 28-07-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I've decided to take the plunge and have registered for Ironman Nice next year (my first Ironman).

If anyone has done an IM or Im Nice in particular can they offer me advice on a training plan and what to look out for in Nice. I hear the cycle is pretty interesting.

Current background.

I'm 35 (35-39 age category) 6'1" and about 85kg. I done IM Galway 70.3 last year in 5:43 and generally do about 4-5 triathlons a year. I haven't ever followed a training program or diet. That's not to say that I don't do plenty of training but there is no formation to it.

Any other information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey

Hi there I did IM France in 2008. It's an unbelievable course and atmosphere. You won't regret it - I said to my mrs would we consider going again next year and bring the kids - it's a lovely location.

A number things about IM France: the swim is dicey the start is the most chaotic of the tris I have done and at times there can be a swell so practice open water.
    There is a lot climbing on the bike not particularly steep but long drags which sap the legs.
    The run is flat but exposed down by the beach. The year I did it it was 35 c with no shade - a lot of people struggled in the heat.
    Don't let any of thus put you off - its still a great course and the crowd support is excellent. In terms of training I didn't follow a particular plan and am not in a club just lots of bike on hills, plenty of running off the bike and try and keep yourself in good shape. Also train using lots of gels and bars. If you are fit now I would just keep things ticking over for the winter - plenty of swimming etc and then pick up the distances next spring - don't burn out. Best of luck

Advertisement