Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast Near Lower Abbey Street??

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi I have to hours to Kill around Dublin one of the days this week so decided I get breakfast in Dublin, So I wanna get the Luas at Lower Abbey street as it near my bus stop also and I have a suitcase with me, so dont wanna be going to far.
    I know Arnots has a wee cafe, and Sherries cafe and can you go into Wynns hotel for breakfast?
    Also is there any place either to go too in Hueston station?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Used to pass the Aisling Hotel beside Heuston on my way to work, it always looked nice for breakfast but I never had time to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Anns Hot Bread Shop Henry St will sort you out 2 mins from Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I like The Kingfisher on Parnell St but it might be a bit far for you?

I had dinner recently in Arnotts with my mum, we both agreed the food was awful and I vowed i'd never eat there again. Brekkie could be better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

The Oval Bar does a Full Irish as part of their daily Menu ( they don't have a specific breakfast menu ).

Its at the corner of Middle Abbey Street up from Easons.

Edit - they are open from 10, might be too late.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lemon jelly millennium walkway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AFAIK you can go into any of the hotels for breakfast. They will fleece you for the pleasure however. I have seen places who charge 16 euro for a 'full' breakfast and 10 for a 'continental'.

Closer to the Busaras stop, if you could walk that far are Rashers (under the railway bridge at Gardiner Street) and The Pantry (almost under the railway bridge in Talbot Street), also Brasilia in the irish Life Mall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you have a few hours to kill in Dublin and don't want to be hauling a suitcase around with you there are lockers in Busaras you could leave it in. My favourite place for breakfast near Lower Abbey Street luas stop is the Bakehouse on the quays at the Ha'penny bridge. They bake their own bread and I've never had food in there that didn't make me happy

http://the-bakehouse.ie/menu.pdf

It would be about 5 minutes suitcase-free walk from Lower Abbey Street or a little longer with :)

Advertisement