Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fonzi I trust in you

Options
  • 29-07-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I don't know how long they've been there, having seen them today for the first time, but respect to whatever pranksters took the trouble to add a couple of pop-culture icons to the long-standing 'Jesus, I trust in you' exhibit on the road into the city from Oranmore. Certainly made me laugh at the end of a long journey.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

padraig71 wrote: »
    I don't know how long they've been there, having seen them today for the first time, but respect to whatever pranksters took the trouble to add a couple of pop-culture icons to the long-standing 'Jesus, I trust in you' exhibit on the road into the city from Oranmore. Certainly made me laugh at the end of a long journey.

Ha ha.

I was in Berlin recently and the self-same piccy of the son of god was up on the motorway from the Airport to Charlottenburg. There was no writing though, so I missed out on an opportunity to learn some useful German.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

Very funny, gave me a laugh also on the way in the dual carriageway yesterday but they were gone this morning. Looked like they had been pulled down as the wooden frame was left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VideoKid

What side of the road is it on the way into the city?
    My brothers coming back from NZ for a visit tomorrow and that he loves that kind of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

It was on the dual carriage, heading into Galway, not far past the roundabout at the Maldron Hotel, just at the crash barrier on the left hand side. Unfortunately both have been taken down, but Jesus I trust in you is still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VideoKid

Tiramisu wrote: »
    It was on the dual carriage, heading into Galway, not far past the roundabout at the Maldron Hotel, just at the crash barrier on the left hand side. Unfortunately both have been taken down, but Jesus I trust in you is still there!

Well, as the French say, "merde"! Thanks for letting me know :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement