Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutritional value versus the healthiness of the plant

• 29-07-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

I sometimes wonder when something has got a bit old whether the nutritional value is as good.

For example are over hot radishes as good for you as those that are young and tender? Obviously the taste is 10 times better but is that to say that it is also better for you.

The same with Spinach and lettuce -it turns bitter but has it lost its goodness (does it gain in anti nutritional properties -whatever that is? )

I am not asking if poorly produced veggies are just fit to be thrown out but whether it is reasonable to think that a really healthy juicy vegetable is likely to be significantly more nutritious as well as being more delicious (I assume they are but are they really?).

Advertisement