Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in Ballinasloe

Options
  • 29-07-2013 1:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Just wondering a good cycle route around Ballinasloe. I just moved and don`t know the area at all, any info would be great thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

on or off road?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

kaizersoze wrote: »
    on or off road?

Road, totally forgot to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭epfff

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Road, totally forgot to say!

What sorta distances
    From area cycle the area a lot
    Pm me with more specifics

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Routes on strava

You can move the slide bar on the left if you have certain distances you want to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Don't know if there is a cycling club around the area as I have just piked up the bike again. Is there any interest in a few group spins every Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Don't know if there is a cycling club around the area as I have just piked up the bike again. Is there any interest in a few group spins every Sunday?

Afaik, there is a local cycling club. Ask Barry in the bike shop beside Barretts about it.

Yep, they leave every Sunday from the Marina at 10am, sounds good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

How far they go?...I`m just back into it myself...not much for distance yet tho

deadeye187 wrote: »
    How far they go?...I`m just back into it myself...not much for distance yet tho

They have a page on facebook called Ballinasloe Cycling and according to a few routes they have posted they go around the 60km mark. Seems to be increasing as they go on though. Might try and get out with them in the next few weeks

Advertisement